• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Calidris to identify , spain (1 Viewer)

thanks Steve,
my doubt was the beak so fine and straight....

Do you have any other images of this bird? Just so I can satisfy myself that I wasn't being a little hasty in calling it just a Dunlin?

Just one image can lead to the wrong conclusions. Could well be a stint. One or two more pics might clarify the situation...

Last edited:
Do you have any other images of this bird? Just so I can satisfy myself that I wasn't being a little hasty in calling it just a Dunlin?

Just one image can lead to the wrong conclusions. Could well be a stint. One or two more pics might clarify the situation...

i only have another one

IMG_8720.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks Juancar, I still think it's a Dunlin. The new image shows the bill base is a little deeper than it appeared in the first one, and there is a subtle down-curve too, so for me, a Dunlin with a fairly short bill.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back