• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

SX50 vs SX60 (1 Viewer)

postcardcv

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
I know that both of these cameras already have active threads about them but I was wondering if anyone had shot with both and could offer some comparison. Is it worth upgrading to the 60 from the 50? Pros and cons of both models?

Canon has presented these two models at the photokina fairs 2012 and 2014. Maybe the real alternative is to postpone your decision until 20 September 2016, when the next photokina opens. I've looked into alternatives to the SX50, and it is true that the UHS-I ability of the SX60 is an attractive plus vs the SX50, as discussed in the other thread. However, I'd be badly missing the "burst mode" of the SX50 that I am using fairly often for small birds. The Nikon P900 is still hardly available in Germany and costs more than Euro 600. A used SX50 was sold at ebay for Euro 168...

Had two SX50s First developed a fault after 4 months and was returned. Second one was faulty straight out of the box so I gave in and bought the Fuji Finepix S1, which in my experience has proven to be a better camera with the addition that it is water and dust proof.

Mark

Thanks for the feedback so far people. I have used an SX40 and an SX50 and so know the limitations of a bridge camera but also know that they can be useful when taking a DSLR along is awkward. My wife uses the SX50 and gets on really well with it but my kids have a habit of borrowing it when we are out so I was thinking of getting another camera to give her the chance to use hers sometimes! It is just a matter of deciding whether to get another SX50 or to go for an SX60 instead. I might just wait and see what WEX get in used over the next few weeks.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back