• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

20/30/38x MC eyepiece (1 Viewer)

markgriff

markgriff
I am presently using the 20x eyepiece that came with my Fieldscope III when I bought it second hand a few years ago. I was thinking of purchasing a 20/30/38x MC eyepiece to give me a liitle more magnification but was interested to know from anyone who has used both how the two compare in respect of image quality? Is there a significant loss in brightness and field of view with the higher magnification eyepiece or is it worth adding to my kit?

Many thanks..

The 20/30/38x has a wide field of view that is very well-corrected. Optically it's like the other Nikon WA eyepieces excellent.

I think it's worth getting it. 30x will give you quite a bit more detail than the 20x you're used to.

Hermann

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back