• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Konus Binoculars (1 Viewer)

Olly93

Hi Guys,
I'm new to the forum and am looking at buying a new pair of binoculars. I've come across a website selling Konus binoculars. Does anybody have any experience with these? If so could you tell me your thoughts.

Thank you

. Personally, I would not go near anything marked Konus again.
at least a few years ago some of their optics was awful.
For instance binoculars marked 60 mm aperture were about 55.5 mm.
And a small mirror spotting scope that was complete junk.
and awful although cheap telescope eyepieces.
I think that they were originally an Italian firm or name.

The other hand, some of the earlier Bresser optics were also pretty awful.
15 x 60 binoculars with almost no coatings and dirty glass giving a terribly dim image.
And many other binoculars of dubious quality.
However, some of the newer Bresser optics seem better.

But when I have been stung by repeated poor quality optics from a particular name I stay well away.

On the other hand, others may have other ideas.

It would help if you say approximately what type and size of binocular you want so people can give you more specific advice. Maybe also what use you want the binocular for.

Considering you are directly involved with that company, it's even more off-putting for anyone to buy those binos or deal with Evergreen Outdoors if you use deceitful marketing such as this.

Nice photo's Andy, am I right in thinking the Biggin Hill airshow is no longer held?
Shame if so, I went a couple times.

Regards,
Ben

Konus binoculars

The Konus Emperor binoculars are a very good binocular and good value for money. The 8x42 and 10x50 versions give a brighter image than the 10x42 and 12x50 versions. Their Titanium model also gives a good quality sharp image too. Some of their cheaper models are not really up to the mark for birdwatching and at best are inconsistent. I am in the optics business and sell Konus, I'd recommend the Emperor 8X42 or 10x50 and they come with a two year warranty so if you have a problem with them take them back to the supplier! I wouldn't recommend any other Konus model for the semi-serious birdwatcher. I hope that is a fair assessment.
I won't link to my website or give my business name as that wouldn't be fair and is possibly against forum rules.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back