• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loch of Kinnordy (1 Viewer)

Ross Hunter

The two things that matter in life are the 2 B's B
Well on sunday i paid a visit to loch of kinnordy nature reserve

It started off terrible as on the way there we hit a deer with the car as it came out of a ditch on the side of the road and we didnt have time to stop it was a roe deer buck it made a bit of a mess of the car too

When we got there the first thing i saw was what looked like a low flying buzzard but then i realised it was a Marsh Harrier a great find and a new one for my year list

I checked the book for anything and the main thing wer marsh harrier and a spotted redshank

I didnt see much else apart from a pheasant,heron,mallard,kestrel and a wood pigeon i didnt really care about not seeing the s redshank or anything i was just chuffed i saw the Marsh Harrier(female)

Hi Ross

It's great watching the Marsh Harrier hunting there isn't it, I'm glad she's still about and that you've seen her.

D

:t: Nice one with the Marsh Harrier Ross. They are great birds to watch. Wonderful flight. To be honest when I first got my eye on the one I saw on Sunday I thought it a Buzzard too.
Shame about the deer but sadly these thing happen.

take care

Hi Ross,
I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with the Deer. It must have been a terrible shock for all involved. (very very sad)

I'm so pleased about the Marsh Harrier, well done.

Bye for now

Hi Ross,
I am also sorry to hear of the unfortunate incident with the Deer, these things do happen.

Great that you saw the Marsh Harrier, bet you put a BIG tick for that lady! :t:

Good one with the marsh harrier Ross, shame about the deer.
Roe deer have no sense of danger at all, I almost hit a couple of them when out going to do one of my BTO surveys. They both just sauntered out of the bushes across the grass verge and straight into the road, luckily it was 4.30am and I was able to swerve around them. They didn't seem to mind the car shooting around their rear ends and just continued walking across the road.

Hi Ross,

I was delighted to hear you at least had a good highlight of the day with the Marsh Harrier, such beautiful Birds and ones you could watch for hours.

Very sad to read about the Roe Deer, but sadly Wildlife, roads and all that travels on them just don't mix. Still a rotten shame for it to happen though.

Sue

Hi Ross,
Such a shame about the Deer, but there's not a lot you can do in those circumstancesand and what a shock for you all. I hope no one suffered any injuries?
Good to hear the day improved, & congratulations on the Marsh Harrier.
All the Best, Judo.

Hi ross,
theres been a number of roadkill on my route to college, largest animal of late has been a badger.

Nice one with the ringtail harrier ross, I've never made the mistake of IDing them as a buzzard (that depends though on if I've had a closer look)

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back