• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Case for 10x25 pocket binos (1 Viewer)

Elkhornsun

United States
Unfortunately Swarovski only sells a case for the 10x25 CL Pocket binocular that is too small to accommodate a strap and with no rain cap or objective lens covers I would prefer not to carry it around in stuff sack. What cases have others found that will fit these binoculars with a strap?

Not much good in having great optics if they get covered in dust for want of a case. Odd that I can buy a $30 pair of binoculars and get a carry case but spend $929 on the Swarvoski binos and get a cardboard box.

Reminds me of Gitzo where the $900 tripod I bought came with only a thin cloth sack. I cannot understand the mindset that does this but it seems to be a European one.

Or you could be grateful they aren't making you overspend on a case and keeping the cost of the optics lower that way. ;)

There are literally a million binocular cases and nylon zipper bags on FeeBay. Find one that fits, pay the $4 and be happy.

Is your inquiry about the Swarovski CL 10x25 B Pocket binocular? You don't identify it.

My Swarovski CL 8x25 B Pocket (it is the same size as a 10x25) came with a zip around case that can be carried on one's belt. It is bulky: 6" long: 3" wide and 2.5" thick and has a 16" carry strap attached.

The binocular is 4" long, 2.6" wide and slightly less than 2" thick when folded with its neck strap to fit the case.

It does not come with rain caps or objective lens covers but the case might have room to fit them also.

Alternatively, the case that came with my Nikon 10x25 LXL fits my Swarovski 8x25 perfectly but it can't be carried on a belt. If you can find one.:smoke:

Bob

Attachments

• 91SDDlp9T3L._SL1500_.jpg
    91SDDlp9T3L._SL1500_.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Is your inquiry about the Swarovski CL 10x25 B Pocket binocular? You don't identify it.

My Swarovski CL 8x25 B Pocket (it is the same size as a 10x25) came with a zip around case that can be carried on one's belt. It is bulky: 6" long: 3" wide and 2.5" thick and has a 16" carry strap attached.

The binocular is 4" long, 2.6" wide and slightly less than 2" thick when folded with its neck strap to fit the case.

It does not come with rain caps or objective lens covers but the case might have room to fit them also.

Alternatively, the case that came with my Nikon 10x25 LXL fits my Swarovski 8x25 perfectly but it can't be carried on a belt. If you can find one.:smoke:

Bob

Bob:
I agree about the Nikon leather case for the 10x25 LXL, I have one and it does have a belt loop, I have carried it.

This is a quality case, real leather not imitation.

Jerry

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 42
This case is well worth the cost, if you like quality, much like the soft leather Leica cases.
They are made with pride and without cost cutting thoughts. This type of case will not be
offered again in a modern binocular.

Jerry

Bob:
I agree about the Nikon leather case for the 10x25 LXL, I have one and it does have a belt loop, I have carried it.

This is a quality case, real leather not imitation.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

I tracked mine down. It does indeed have a belt loop. The case is a small version of the high quality cases that Nikon supplied with their 32mm and 42mm LX L's. They came with my own 8x32 and 10x32 LXL's.

My Swarovski 8x25 CL Pocket fits into it with the strap wrapped vertically around it. The case looks to be just as as wide and deep as the Swarovski Case is but about an inch and 1/2 shorter.

I haven't tried it but I'm pretty sure the Swarovski would have some trouble fitting in it with lens caps and objective covers on it.

Bob

Last edited:
Or you could be grateful they aren't making you overspend on a case and keeping the cost of the optics lower that way. ;)

There are literally a million binocular cases and nylon zipper bags on FeeBay. Find one that fits, pay the $4 and be happy.

Your logic is deeply flawed. A $35 pair of binoculars includes a case and the manufacturer makes a profit but a company selling binoculars for $1200 cannot include a case or it would make them much more expensive?

It is the bean counters at work that focus on measurable savings of pennies over customer satisfaction as lost sales cannot be measured. My last two tripods cost me $1200, $950, and $680, and they are equal in build quality and only the least expensive one came with a carry case and it was a high quality one. The $1200 tripod cost me $1300 when including the cost of a tripod case and shipping. It is like the airline that wants to charge me $3 for a 6 ounce bag of potato chips.

I also do not have any stores within 100 miles of where I live that sell a range of cases that I can check for fit. I can spend $15 on a case and then spend $10 to ship it back it does not fit and keep repeating the process but that is not realistic in the world that I inhabit. But thanks for the dumb advice - I needed a laugh.

@Elkhornsun

Rather than insulting people with different opinions than yours, who have taken the time to comment, maybe you could direct any complaints at the manufacturer's, so they can consider customer feedback.

And instead of whining about not being able to test the fit for the multitude of cases available, just do your homework and find out what the internal dimensions are. If they're not specified, ask!

Unfortunately Swarovski only sells a case for the 10x25 CL Pocket binocular that is too small to accommodate a strap and with no rain cap or objective lens covers I would prefer not to carry it around in stuff sack. What cases have others found that will fit these binoculars with a strap?

Not much good in having great optics if they get covered in dust for want of a case. Odd that I can buy a $30 pair of binoculars and get a carry case but spend $929 on the Swarvoski binos and get a cardboard box.

Reminds me of Gitzo where the $900 tripod I bought came with only a thin cloth sack. I cannot understand the mindset that does this but it seems to be a European one.

Elkhornsun
I sympathise with your feelings and predicament but I also suspect the bino brands feel similar frustrations.

Over the years I have been a Birdforum member one thing has become apparent and that is that the brands can never satisfy everyone with whatever case they supply with their binos.

On here Swaro cases have been criticised for being too big and bulky, ridiculous and bloated, and then criticised for being too small without even the room for a cleaning kit and notebook. I have no doubt that somewhere there is someone complaining that there isn't room for a picnic lunch in there. The trouble is, different folks have different ideas about what they want to put in their cases. Swaro has tried to do something about this by offering different cases for their full sized binos under the names Field Bag, Urban Jungle and Wild Nature.

Pocket Binos have extra choices that folks will exercise in different ways that Swaro cannot foresee. Many folks don't perceive Pocket Binos as being small binos to be hung from the neck like the bigger instruments. They want to slip them unobtrusively into a pocket, without a neckstrap or rainguard, and pull them out when required. Other folks want them on a neck strap with rainguard, others want them in a side pocket in their back pack with or without a neck strap. Swaro's answer to these extra choices is to not insist that you buy a case from them and then find unsuitable because it is either too big or too small for what you have in mind for it, their answer is to let you choose from the many options on the market and spend as little or as much as you wish.

Lee

The Vortex case for 28mm Diamondback works well. Fits my 8x25 CL including a compact Eagle Optics strap, objective and ocular covers with room to spare. Sturdy belt loop and detachable shoulder strap as well.

Mike

The Vortex case for 28mm Diamondback works well. Fits my 8x25 CL including a compact Eagle Optics strap, objective and ocular covers with room to spare. Sturdy belt loop and detachable shoulder strap as well.

Mike

Hi Mike,

As I noted in Post #3 above the Swarovski case is large enough to accommodate my 8x25 CL Pocket binocular (which is the same size as the 10x25) with its strap wrapped around it lengthwise.

There seems to be some confusion about that. (There is also pocket room inside the case to carry a couple of lens wipes and a small cleaning cloth.)

I don't have objective or ocular covers for my 8x25 but the case looks big enough to accommodate them along with the strap. It will be probably be a tight fit.

Bob

Last edited:
Bob

"As I noted in Post #3 above the Swarovski case is large enough to accommodate my 8x25 CL Pocket binocular (which is the same size as the 10x25) with its strap wrapped around it lengthwise."

I find the Swarovski case still very tight with the strap wrapped around the binoculars and it makes it hard to remove the binoculars. I prefer the Lowepro Dashpoint 20 because it has more depth than the Swarovski case with the strap tucked in behind the folded up binoculars.

I've always carried the 25mm CL with the strap outside the case. Just zip it up from both sides. Carry it however you like.

One nice thing about the case is the arched ends, at right angles. They keep the bino centered and the arch prevents any contact between case and objective or ocular. Carefree travel for sure. :t:

Mark

@Elkhornsun

Rather than insulting people with different opinions than yours, who have taken the time to comment, maybe you could direct any complaints at the manufacturer's, so they can consider customer feedback.

And instead of whining about not being able to test the fit for the multitude of cases available, just do your homework and find out what the internal dimensions are. If they're not specified, ask!

The majority of the cases are listed with the external dimensions and inadequate pictures to see if they mount on regular belt or need a M.O.L.E attachment and I do not want to spend $30 on a case and $10 on shipping and then find that it does not fit well or with the straps attached to the bino and ends up in the trash.

But thanks for taking the time to bitch as evidently you have more time than I do to contact dozens of resellers and wait for a reply and hope that the reply is accurate. In the real world it is not that simple and it can be quite time consuming and if you take a few minutes and read reviews on cases you will learn that what is specified is not what is often delivered. Good luck though with your therapy.

Hi Mike,

As I noted in Post #3 above the Swarovski case is large enough to accommodate my 8x25 CL Pocket binocular (which is the same size as the 10x25) with its strap wrapped around it lengthwise.

There seems to be some confusion about that. (There is also pocket room inside the case to carry a couple of lens wipes and a small cleaning cloth.)

I don't have objective or ocular covers for my 8x25 but the case looks big enough to accommodate them along with the strap. It will be probably be a tight fit.

Bob

Bob, Right sorry for the confusion. I have the previous generation CL 8x25 case which will fit with objective and ocular covers and compact Eagle Optics strap with the bin fully folded. Fit is a bit tight but not overly or fiddly so. When I want to carry in a case with bin adjusted at proper IP distance I use the Vortex 8x28 case. Nice roomy fit with all accessories. I haven't seen the new version of the CL case in person but it looks just as roomy as my version based on photos and videos. I tried to attach a picture of my two cases but couldn't get it done to save my life.

Mike

Bob, Right sorry for the confusion. I have the previous generation CL 8x25 case which will fit with objective and ocular covers and compact Eagle Optics strap with the bin fully folded. Fit is a bit tight but not overly or fiddly so. When I want to carry in a case with bin adjusted at proper IP distance I use the Vortex 8x28 case. Nice roomy fit with all accessories. I haven't seen the new version of the CL case in person but it looks just as roomy as my version based on photos and videos. I tried to attach a picture of my two cases but couldn't get it done to save my life.

Mike
I have tried both the older CL 8x25 and the newer CL 8x25 case. The older case is really not much better as far as having enough room to put the strap and the binoculars in the case. With no eyepiece or objective covers on the binocular I don't want a too tight case to cause the strap to contact the lenses and scratch them. The Lowepro Dashpoint 20 has more depth so you have enough room in the back of the case to safely tuck the strap in behind the binocular. It is not much bigger than either the older or newer Swarovski case either and it is the same shape.

https://www.amazon.com/Lowepro-Dash...+dashpoint+20&qid=1558709981&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Attachments

• 91SDDlp9T3L._SL1500_.jpg
    91SDDlp9T3L._SL1500_.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 14
Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back