• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Haunts Local to Aylesbury (1 Viewer)

Steve_Halstead

Sparrow or Crow?
With the places you can go in Bucks, it seems to me rather surprising how little this part of the forum is used.

Apart from darting around Princes Risb, Aylesbury and the hills, does anyone have any good places in the county to visit in the spring for different species. Large expanses of water, large lakes and the like.

Many thanks

Steve

I was born (a long time ago) and grew up in Bucks, but I haven't any recent info.

As regards lakes etc, obviously the chalk of the Chilterns isn't conducive to surface water, but Weston Turville reservoir used to be quite good when I was a lad.

Hope this provokes others into responding !

Come up north to Milton Keynes and experience Manor Farm, Willen or Linford nature reserve (members only but I believe you can visit for a day), all three can be good in spring.

Tosh. Bucks is a good area for birding.

Spade Oak Gravel Pits is always good, if the birds are about.

Maidenhead Jubilee river, start at Taplow on the A4 and walk along the footpath to Windsor. A pleasant stroll.

Lots more nearby, although not all in Bucks, the reservoirs at Berkhampstead are also good.

ATB

nmdlodlaba

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back