• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski snapshot adapter (1 Viewer)

simonineaston

...looking forward to retiring!
Hi folks, has anyone any experience of using this product? I have several vintage binoculars I'd like to use to take photos, by employing my digital camera (a Ricoh Caplio GX100). I understand the adapter can be used to couple most cameras with specific Swarovski models, but given the tempting cost (about 10GBP on auction sites) I'd like to try one to see if it'll work with x model vintage binocular.
Any comments?

Swarovski Optik made several (at least 3, although i think more) models of the snapshot adapter. These models were specific to fit various models of Swarovski Optik binoculars. The snapshot adapter clicks snugly over the eyecup, hence the various models. A ring on the other side adjusts the size of three clamps that hold the camera lens.
Setting the specificity of the snapshot adapter's size for the various eyepieces it may not fit other makes of binoculars.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back