• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Weekly TV Diary 14 - 20 November (U K Channels) (1 Viewer)

A CHAPLIN

Hi Folks,

I hope I don't have to remind any of you the film about the Eagle Owls is on Wednesday 16th November and repeated on 20th November. Also for those of you who missed (can't remember who but someone did) Eagle Island - Mull that is also being repeated.

Enjoy

Ann

*Stands for repeat programme
T Stands for Subtitled Programme
Video Plus+ Nos.

Monday 14th
*T BBC2 800 - 8.00 am Really Wild Show - Nick Baker’s mission is to find iguanas on a Mexican island, Michaela Strachan investigates the plight of manatees in Florida, Eils Hewitt gets close to birds of prey and Steve Backshall goes outback for a real bush-tucker experience.
VP 34714

Tuesday 15th
*T BBC1 Sign Zone 2.35 - 3.35 am - Coast - Dover to Exmouth
VP 7621028
*T BBC2 800 - 8.00 am Really Wild Show Nick Baker is hot on the heel of tree frogs in Central America. Michaela Strachan is in India to investigate tigers. Eils Hewitt looks into the problem of deer accidents in the UK and Steve Backshall finds lots of odd looking desert reptiles.
VP 97115
*T BBC2 11.10 - 12.00 pm Timewatch - Britain’s Greatest Hoax - For 40 years the world of science was hoodwinked by a forged “missing link” between ape and man. But who was responsible for the greatest ever scientific hoax - Piltdown Man?
T Channel 5 8.00 - 9.00 pm Franklin’s Lost Expedition: Revealed - Documentary investigating what happened to the doomed Franklin expedition of 1845, in which Sir John Franklin and 132 men set out to find a route to Asia through the Arctic and never returned
VP 3386739

Wednesday 16th
*BBC1 3.15 - 4.05 am Sign Zone: Natural World - Eagle Island **Anyone missed it here is another chance to see Eagles on the beautiful island of Mull
VP 2368974
*T Channel 4 4.25 - 4.50 am Real Science - Pushing the Limits - A look at how the body copes with extreme conditions, such as jet pilots climbing at 500 mph - or sailors escaping submarines in deep water.
VP 2042396
*T BBC2 800 - 8.00 am Really Wild Show Nick Baker finds some cheeky Red Colobus monkeys in Zanzibar. Michaela Strachan lends a helping hand at an elephant orphanage in India. Eils Hewitt goes rally driving in the name of bug hunting, while Steve Backshall sets off for the beautiful Fraser island to find dingoes, snakes and other Australian animals.
VP 67806
*T Channel 5 7.15 - 8.00 pm In Africa, the villagers of Lubango on the shores of Lake Victoria are being stalked by a massive Nile crocodile with a taste for human flesh. The man-easter has so far eluded wildlife authorities so now the government of Uganda has called on croc doc Brady Barr to capture the beast without harm, and return peace to the village.
VP 3091887
T BBC2 7.30 - 8.00 pm Rough Science - 3/6 Mountain A team of scientists pool their wits to complete a series of challenges high up in the peaks of Colorado in an old ore-processing mill, in the San Juan mountains, part of the spectacular Rocky Mountains range. The team includes Mike Bullivant, physicist and engineer Jonathan Hare, botanist Ellen McCallie and earth-scientist Hermione Cockburn. The team turn their attention to the huge mountain that towers over their base. Their seemingly impossible task is to weigh that mountain. The protect them at altitude they’re also making a pair of sunglasses - which means creating glass from sand
VP 177
T BBC2 8.00 - 8.50 pm Natural World - Return of the Eagle Owl - Expert Roy Dennis investigates the remarkable comeback in Europe of the Eagle Owl, a fearsome predator capable of killing prey as large as foxes, domestic cats and even small dogs. From strongholds in the wilds of Scandinavia they have spread through Holland, Germany, Belgium and France, and look set to invade Britain too. Repeated on Sunday - believed to feature the breeding Eagle Owls in North Yorkshire.
VP 874351
T Channel 4 8.00 - 8.30 pm The View from River Cottage - Series which looks back at Hugh’s life in Dorset.
VP 1852

Thursday 17th
*T BBC1 Sign Zone 2.35 - 3.35 am - Coast - Exmouth to Bristol
VP 7576524
*T BBC2 800 - 8.00 am Really Wild Show With a report on Africa’s most endangered mammal - the Grevy’s Zebra. Nick Baker goes on the trail of deadly cobras in India, Michaela Strachan finds out why swimming with Dolphins may not be as idyllic as it seems, Steven Backshall has an encounter with humpback whales in Australia and Eils Hewitt meets a robotic shark
VP 48659
T BBC2 Scotland 6.30 - 7.00 pm Tir is Teanga - Hillwalker Colin Macleod discovers the meaning of the place names of the Highland landscape. In this edition he’s wind blasted on the Cairngorms
VP 185
T Channel 5 7.15 - 8.00 pm The Bronze Whaler: Great Ocean Adventure Marine biologist Monty Halls comes nose to fin with the sea’s most magnificent creatures
VP 3995659
T BBC2 9.00 - 10.00 pm The Jungle Beat: This World - Deep in the Amazon a battle is raging as the Brazilian environmental police use the latest satellite technology, helicopters and weapons as they take on the illegal loggers in the forests. But those who make a living from the trees are not giving in without a fight, and the film reveals the dangerous and sometimes comic cat and mouse game being played out in one of the most beautiful and threatened places on earth.
VP 1746
T Channel 5 9.00 - 10.00 pm Bird Flu What you Need to Know - Including expert interviews with the elite virus hunters who have tracked the virus since it first appeared in 1997 and combining CGI with re-enactment Five tells the definitive story of H5N1, the havoc it could wreak in a global pandemic and how prepared we are to deal with it.
VP 6035807

Friday 18th
**T BBC2 800 - 8.00 am Really Wild Show Michaela looks at the pros and cons of keeping big cats as pets, Nick digs up the biggest crab in the world and Steve goes diving with turtles.
VP 94760

Saturday 19th
*T BBC1 3.00 - 3.30 am Education Wide Sargasso Sea - Real and Imaginary Islands - How Jean Rhys’s childhood on the island of Dominica helped provide the background to her best-known novel.
VP 92109

Sunday 20th
T BBC2 2.30 - 3.00 am Education - A Formidable Foe - This programme looks at the prospects for defeating malaria (One of the world's biggest killers unlike Bird Flu) my words.
VP 45136

Sunday 20th
T Channel 5 10.00 - 10.30 am Michaela’s Wild Challenge Michaela Strachan and colleagues undertake a range of wildlife-related dares in exotic locations. Michaela sets off to St Lucia in South Africa and must split the boys from the girls in a crocodile nest. Jamie is in the UK searching for fighting stag beetles. Ellie’s challenge is to get clamped by a giant clam
VP 2827310
T BBC1 England 11.00 - 12.00 Countryfile - John Craven and Charlotte Smith are in Sheffield, exploring the countryside within the city. Michaela Strachan joins a group of volunteers on a goat-herding holiday on the Isle of Wight.
VP 39778
T BBC2 Scotland 11.30 - 12.20 pm Landward - The team look at conflicts between landowners and horse riders - the major works being undertaken to improve walker access to the East Cairngorms, plight of the dairy sector and the sport of axe-throwing.
VP 8830
*T BBC2 11.30 - 12.20 pm Wild Africa - Lakes and Rivers - Flamingos of east Africa’s soda lakes, giant crocodiles battling with buffalo on the banks of the Luangwa River in Zambia, and the massive clouds of flies that erupt across the waters of the Rift Valley lakes
VP 7206594
T BBC2 5.40 - 6.10 pm Diving with Whales - Champion free diver Tanya Streeter plunges into the greatest whale-watching spectacle on the planet. For only a few weeks each year, humpbacks migrate to a remote corner of the Caribbean to flirt, fight and give birth. Tanya can hold her breath for over six minutes, but diving with whales is not without risks. Rutting males are very protective over young mothers, so will Tanya be able to fulfill her dream and be accepted into the whales’ world.
VP 606310
*T BBC2 All Regions 6.10 - 7.00 pm Natural World Repeat of Wednesday’s programme Return of the Eagle Owl
VP 320310
T BBC1 9.00 - 10.00 pm Egypt Temple of the Sands - The amazing adventures of the 19th
century explorer, Giovanni Belzoni, come to a climax with two major discoveries that stunned the world. First, he uncovers the buried temple at Abu Simbel, and when he finally breaks in what he discovers amazes him and changes his life. Finally in the Valley of the Kings he finds the longest, deepest and most beautiful pharaoh’s tomb - that of Ramesses the Great.
VP 5391
T BBC2 10.00 - 10.30 pm Egyptian Journeys with Dan Cruickshank - Dan discovers the ingenious techniques that the Egyptians used to make their pyramids, temples and mummies last forever, driven by their obsession with magic and the afterlife. He notes how houtsands of mummies bear witness to the way Egyptians thought that the preservation of the human body played a part in the everlasting survival of the spirit.
VP 32730
T BBC1 10.15 - 10.55 pm Panorama - Bird Flu: Ask the Experts - The second of two programmes sees viewers putting questions directly to international scientific and health policy experts, and government and the vaccine industry representatives.
VP 345684

Last edited:
Great goodness Ann you've done well for us this week! I'm going to be busy!

D

Hi Delia,

Glad I found you something to watch after all that fun you had on your holidays I had to come up with something to fill the evenings for you. I couldn't believe it though when I saw both the Eagle programmes were on the same day, in a few weeks when we get the "cold snap" they say is coming I bet there is nothing good on offer, so tapes out everyone.

Ann

thanks,Ann,and thanks for highlighting the Eagle Owl progs,no excuse to miss it.Could be one to video and keep.
Thanks again,Ann.

Thanks Christine,

Thanks are due entirely to IanF. for doing the highlighting for me as I couldn't however hard I tried and we wanted to make it clear which programme was the Eagle Owls, silly BBC repeating the Isle of Mull Eagles on the same day.

Hope you and everyone else enjoy watching it and thanks for reminding me to set the video.

Ann

A CHAPLIN said:
Thanks Christine,

Thanks are due entirely to IanF. for doing the highlighting for me as I couldn't however hard I tried and we wanted to make it clear which programme was the Eagle Owls, silly BBC repeating the Isle of Mull Eagles on the same day.

Hope you and everyone else enjoy watching it and thanks for reminding me to set the video.

Ann
Thankyou for the list of programmes. I havn't spotted it before but shall certainly keep any eye open every week. Really useful.

Bridie

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back