• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Alphabetical order maybe??? (1 Viewer)

Gaga

I'm wondering what's the order followed for the list of states... Would it be very difficult to change it to follow an alphabetical order or some other logical order?

Thanks!

I was wondering the same thing. I think an alphabetical order would be very helpful. I thought I asked the question but if I did I can't find the answer.

Yeah, and by the way, I think it would be nice to add the missing states... Oh, and while we're here, I'm wondering why "Canada" is in the section "Rest of the World" instead of the north american section...

I think part of the answer to both of your last questions, is that the Forums are essentially driven by the Membership.

As was suggested, the State Index almost certainly is in the order it is in, because that is the order in which posts were made. Missing states will be missing for no reason other than the fact that no-one from, or with experience of birding within those states has yet posted a thread.

As for Canada being in ROW rather than America, I would guess that is because outside of the UK, the US is the most heavily represented country in the membership, and therefore tends to generate more posts. Also, I think it is fair to say, we Brits tend to think of the US when we think "America" - and for that matter "North America", so it's not instinctive for us to lump them together.

:t:

All the states are now present, and in alphbetical order.

cheers,
Andy

Could we please have an option for "latest post". It is difficult (but not impossible) to find recent posts. I travel so I am interest in many states and am looking for the latest information.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back