Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Does EMR harm living organisms?

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.50 average.
Old Saturday 20th October 2018, 19:17   #1376
fugl
BF Supporter 2018

EMR and declining US fertility rates—

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/17/u...ed-states.html

--Gerard Manley Hopkins

BF Supporter 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Sunday 21st October 2018, 08:13   #1377
Bird_Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugl View Post
EMR and declining US fertility rates—

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/17/u...ed-states.html
Well...the article does not imply EMR is responsible.
Couldn't we simply blame too much time spent on a phone, and not anything else?

BF Supporter 2012 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Sunday 21st October 2018, 11:33   #1378
Purple Heron

@ Jos You seem to think Lithuania is some sort of special case that is unaffected by things that are affecting the rest of the world. But then again, you're also the man who's trying to defend three presence of 3 cell towers on his personal nature reserve, and the man who thinks mobile communications are more important than indoor plumbing. Other than your own observations, which under the circumstances are somewhat questionable, I haven't seen any detailed observations from anyone on this thread. My own, whatever their defects in methodology, are a great deal more detailed and precise than anyone else's.

Catastrophic insect declines ARE occurring, and insect-eating birds are disappearing as well. After all your shouting that I was twisting facts concerning the German insect study to suit my own agenda, I was quite amused to see, on the Insect Inspector video, that this thought had not only occurred to him, but that he had mapped out the cell towers near the nature reserves in question. I'm not the only person who is linking insect and bird declines to EMR, far from it.

You of course will continue not to believe a word of it until it is far too late to prevent catastrophe. When the nature NGOs, who are at the moment keeping mum on the subject because they're all being funded to some degree by Big Tech and Big Wireless, finally start sounding the alarm, it will be too late. When the mainstream media, which is fully behind wireless technologies and 5G rollout, finally has to acknowledge that something besides climate change is wiping out the natural world, it will be far too late.

You say, "Even if EMR is causing declines is some areas in Europe or elsewhere..." Don't you see that what is happening in one place today can easily happen in another place tomorrow? That it is going to get worse, not better? Has it got to happen on your own doorstep before it matters to you? Lithuania is not some enchanted, magical island. It is a country in the EU, and as such it will be part of 5G rollout, subject to the same laws of physics and nature as everywhere else.
Old Sunday 21st October 2018, 14:38   #1379
Chosun Juan
Given to Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Heron View Post
@ Jos You seem to think Lithuania is some sort of special case that is unaffected by things that are affecting the rest of the world. But then again, you're also the man who's trying to defend three presence of 3strolling l towers on his personal nature reserve, and the man who thinks mobile communications are more important than indoor plumbing. Other than your own observations, which under the circumstances are somewhat questionable, I haven't seen any detailed observations from anyone on this thread. My own, whatever their defects in methodology, are a great deal more detailed and precise than anyone else's.

Catastrophic insect declines ARE occurring, and insect-eating birds are disappearing as well. After all your shouting that I was twisting facts concerning the German insect study to suit my own agenda, I was quite amused to see, on the Insect Inspector video, that this thought had not only occurred to him, but that he had mapped out the cell towers near the nature reserves in question. I'm not the only person who is linking insect and bird declines to EMR, far from it.

You of course will continue not to believe a word of it until it is far too late to prevent catastrophe. When the nature NGOs, who are at the moment keeping mum on the subject because they're all being funded to some degree by Big Tech and Big Wireless, finally start sounding the alarm, it will be too late. When the mainstream media, which is fully behind wireless technologies and 5G rollout, finally has to acknowledge that something besides climate change is wiping out the natural world, it will be far too late.

You say, "Even if EMR is causing declines is some areas in Europe or elsewhere..." Don't you see that what is happening in one place today can easily happen in another place tomorrow? That it is going to get worse, not better? Has it got to happen on your own doorstep before it matters to you? Lithuania is not some enchanted, magical island. It is a country in the EU, and as such it will be part of 5G rollout, subject to the same laws of physics and nature as everywhere else.
Diana,

I'm still not making a judgement one way or the other as there's several papers I'd like to finish, though my research lately has been more concerned with laser surgery advances. Btw - I'd like that 13 minutes of my life back from watching the Insect Inspector video - same old same old.

I had to have a wry smile when the 'inspector' reported empty spiders webs as some sort of proof ..... who did he think made those webs - fairies? Obviously then EMR is not having much effect on spiders themselves then is it? Similarly not all insects are created equal - you have been equating size with fragility throughout this thread, and yet on a human scale some insects would be lifting cars and jumping over tall buildings !

Of all the participants in this thread it seems you are the one who continually dismisses observational reports (such as Jos's) that don't fit in with your narrative. Many here have just tried to tell you of their experience in their neck of the woods - I know I have - birds breeding in my yard (pretty wild - coincidence?), insects buzzing around the lights, and mosquitoes keeping you awake at night. I even have a resident possum who has decided to chew his way into my roof and live there. I can only hope that the 6ft gonna that I have seen strolling through the back yard polishes him off. [Also as states previously our EMR limits here are in line with global standards.]

I don't see anyone claiming this categorically proves things one way or the other - just that there seems to be differences difficult to explain. You seem to be the only one dismissing these anecdotal reports out of hand - seemingly completely deaf to the obvious question this raises - and this propensity is clearly driving some here rather mental !

That question being: that if there are different effects on insects/birds/fauna from differing levels of frequency/power, and roll-out advancement time lines and histories in different locations - then what causes these differences? what effect (if any?) is EMR having? and under what circumstances and to what degree? and what (if any?) are the other causes of observational discrepancy? and what is the magnitude of any effects? Isn't it reasonable to entertain the same possibilities for latitude that you are asking of others?

You may find this quote interesting:
Quote:
The Health Protection Agency (HPA) says that if a person spends one year in a location with a Wi-Fi hotspot, they will receive the same dose of radio waves as if they had made a 20-minute call on a mobile phone.[7]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wire...ces_and_health

I for one will be paying extra attention to the insects/birds/wildlife this summer. I hope others do too.

Chosun

Last edited by Chosun Juan : Sunday 21st October 2018 at 15:34.

BF Supporter 2016 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Sunday 21st October 2018, 15:05   #1380
Jos Stratford
Beast from the East

Quote:
@ Jos You seem to think Lithuania is some sort of special case that is unaffected by things that are affecting the rest of the world.
No, do not think that and have not said that. Just reporting that the country does have a rich array of species that, in many cases, are doing very well. Have also mentioned that it is one of the countries with the most developed 4G networks in Europe.

Quote:
... you're also the man who's trying to defend three presence of 3 cell towers on his personal nature reserve, and the man who thinks mobile communications are more important than indoor plumbing
What a lot of shite you really speak - I have no cell towers on my land and would actually never allow a telecom company to build one, what I actually said is that there are three near my land.

Further, I do not remember saying that I personally think mobile communications are more important than indoor plumbing. I do remember saying though that there are quite a number of rural residences in this country that have access to mobile networks, but not indoor plumbing. W

Quote:
Other than your own observations, which under the circumstances are somewhat questionable, I haven't seen any detailed observations from anyone on this thread. My own, whatever their defects in methodology, are a great deal more detailed and precise than anyone else's.
World according to Diana - if observations do not accord with hers, they must be wrong or for some reason corrupt. Pathetic Diana, pathetic.

Last edited by Jos Stratford : Sunday 21st October 2018 at 15:07.

BF Supporter 2007 2009 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Sunday 21st October 2018, 15:36   #1381
foresttwitcher

Like Chosun, I am trying to remain open minded on this subject. You may prove to be right and it would of course be important to know but your attitude does not help in your hunt for proof or in persuading others.

But, Diana, why are other's observations of the presence of insects / birds in areas exposed to 4G of less value than your equally anecdotal observations on Samos?

Also why do you accuse many of those who dare to oppose your views on here of some form of bias or vested interest when you have no evidence of any - even to the point of apparently chasing some of the obviously more eloquent, intelligent & reasonable scientists from the thread?

Can't see the birds for the trees!
Old Sunday 21st October 2018, 16:28   #1382
fugl
BF Supporter 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird_Bill View Post
Well...the article does not imply EMR is responsible. . . .
Yeah, I noticed that also. . .. I wonder why?

--Gerard Manley Hopkins

BF Supporter 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Sunday 21st October 2018, 23:14   #1383
fugl
BF Supporter 2018

Finally got around to viewing the Insect Inspector video. Most entertaining—highly recommended to those who haven’t already seen it.

--Gerard Manley Hopkins

Old Monday 22nd October 2018, 11:22   #1384
Purple Heron

Please sign the 5G space appeal

@ all Look, I never said I had all the answers, and while I can make educated guesses about certain things, they are only that. For instance, I would guess that it is not only the presence of cell towers that accounts for loss of insect and bird diversity, but that the number of users connecting to specific cell towers also plays a role since more users generates more radiation in terms of signals to and from the tower. That is just an example.

What I am saying, and I admit I get sidetracked on occasion, and venture into deeper waters than I can swim in, is this: from what I have personally observed, and from the studies I have read, EMR is having quite a serious effect on man and all living organisms. And I am certainly not the only person who is observing these things and coming to these conclusions. I find it incredibly alarming because I do not want to see this earth's many species wiped out for a technology that is not necessary to sustain life.

Obviously, not all places will be the same as each other; all sorts of variables apply in a complicated world where man seems to be waging outright war on nature. So what I am seeing in Greece, or someone else is seeing in England, may not be the same as what Jos sees in Lithuania or Chosun sees in Australia. But I think we can all agree that the general trend is downward and nature is in serious danger, even if we can't all agree on why this is happening.

I think I have presented enough in the way of studies and observations to make the case that EMR is a factor to be seriously considered. I can't do more than that. I would add that it is not being seriously considered by bodies like the nature NGOs, which I think has more to do with who is sponsoring them than their ignorance of the science. But there is a disconnect somewhere, which you can see clearly when you consider that 5G is included on the 2018 Global Horizon Scan of emerging issues affecting nature, yet the very same bodies that co-authored the report are not demanding a moratorium on 5G until this technology can be properly studied. It has not been studied at all, certainly not for its potential effects on nature. And if we reach a tipping-point in species decline, we will not be able to pick up the pieces and put them back together again.

What I am asking everyone to consider is not whether I have proved my case 100%--I don't think I can do that--but whether I have introduced enough evidence to suggest that EMR MAY be a factor in species decline. In short, I am challenging the narrative that EMR is harmless, that it has no effects on people or nature. And I think I have made that case. Does more work need to be done? Certainly. Given enough time, scientists can work out precisely what effects non-ionizing radiation has on the cells of living organisms. But that work won't be done overnight, and the technology is proceeding much faster than the science. It should be the other way round.

I came on this forum, and created this thread, to ask for a moratorium on 5G and the application of the Precautionary Principle. I am still asking for these things. I am asking for common sense to prevail, and for time for scientists to do their work properly. I think it is a reasonable request.

5G is an untested technology. It is possible that it will have devastating consequences for nature. For 5G to work as envisioned, it has to be global, which means it will only work if there is Global Wi-Fi, in other words if 5G frequencies are beamed down continuously from a network of satellites in space and the upper atmosphere. This means that everywhere will be affected, and there won't be a single corner of our planet that remains free of EMR. Can any of you say, without hesitation, that you are fully confident that Global Wi-Fi will have absolutely no effects other than to improve communications?

If you have even the merest shadow of a doubt that 5G millimeter wave technology is completely safe for us and nature, I ask you to sign the 5G Space Appeal, which has been recently launched and is addressed to the UN, the EU and the governments of all nations. Everyone can sign this appeal, though there are specific categories for different groups, including scientists, doctors etc. I ask you not only to sign it personally, but to disseminate the appeal in any way you can, to collect as many signatures as possible. And I ask you especially to urge nature organizations to sign it, whether they are local organizations or major NGOs.

You can find the appeal here: https://www.5Gspaceappeal.org

Please sign the appeal.

Last edited by Purple Heron : Monday 22nd October 2018 at 11:27.
Old Monday 22nd October 2018, 17:25   #1385
viator

Nope - not even close to a reasonable argument
Last Lifer: Beaudouin's Snake Eagle (#3796, Jun 22, '18)
Top 3 Countries: Indonesia (680), Thailand (576), China (568)
Last 2018 Bird: Eurasian Skylark (#778, Nov 7)
www.viatorphoto.com/wildlife_galleries/birds
Old Monday 22nd October 2018, 21:03   #1386
elkcub
BF Supporter 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by viator View Post
Nope - not even close to a reasonable argument
Viator,

What would it take for her argument to be "reasonable" in your view?

Ed

BF Supporter 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Monday 22nd October 2018, 21:39   #1387
fugl
BF Supporter 2018

A better question would be what would it take to transform her special pleading, verbal thrashings about and ad hominem attacks into something resembling a coherent “argument”.

--Gerard Manley Hopkins

Last edited by fugl : Tuesday 23rd October 2018 at 02:08.

Old Tuesday 23rd October 2018, 10:32   #1388
Chosun Juan
Given to Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugl View Post
A better question would be what would it take to transform her special pleading, verbal thrashings about and ad hominem attacks into something resembling a coherent “argument”.
Some ..... of those things aside, and Diana's self-admitted "sidetracks" too - her basic premise is coherent enough and easy to understand. I don't think there's any need to get too hoity toity about it .........

Chosun

BF Supporter 2016 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Tuesday 23rd October 2018, 14:14   #1389
CalvinFold
BF Supporter 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosun Juan View Post
Some ..... of those things aside, and Diana's self-admitted "sidetracks" too - her basic premise is coherent enough and easy to understand. I don't think there's any need to get too hoity toity about it .........
Nothing hoity toity about PH's ad hominem attacks, a bad case of "pot calling the kettle black," selective deafness, and a similarly bad case of "do as I say, not as I do."

My favorite is her assuming since people don't respond, they must agree. LMAO! What hubris; what arrogance. The only responses she wants are re-affirmations, not dissent. And those smart enough to dissent are by-and-large smart enough not to lest they end-up on the wrong end of a character assassination. Been there, done that, and watched others fall victim. Why should anyone spend the time required for a rebuttal under those circumstances?

I appreciate your patience with her, but don't defend her against these basic truths. You either Elkcub...I can appreciate your agreeing with her, but you should consider your own messaging and methods, not encouraging hers.

Anyone showing-up at this stage of the conversation should read back from the beginning and either agree or disagree based on what's already out there. Early-on there were some really, REALLY, smart people involved trying their best to look at each any very one of PH's citations in scientific detail and then respond.

Then judge whether this is cause enough to cancel 5G from happening, or even retroactively swearing-off WiFi and cellular of all sorts.

BF Supporter 2015 2016 2017 2018 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Tuesday 6th November 2018, 20:15   #1390
elkcub
BF Supporter 2018

Unexplained Mass Bird Deaths During Dutch 5G Experiment

Hi Diana,

This interesting article appeared TODAY in Erin Elisabeth's Health Nut News.

I wonder what evaluation criteria are used in these so-called "5G experiments," and also if the local communities are apprised beforehand. It amazes me that all laboratory research involving humans must first undergo an elaborate human safety review process that's approved by the NIH, as well as sign-offs from the participants, but apparently not this kind of 'experiment.'

Meanwhile, US agencies are duking it out over the one-and-only consideration that gets any public's attention — cancer! Forget about potential cognitive impairment and adverse reproductive effects. Unfortunately, IMO, the National Toxicology Program report is a questionable basis for making the case.

Ed
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Federal agencies clash on cellphone cancer risk.pdf (55.3 KB, 6 views)

BF Supporter 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Tuesday 6th November 2018, 21:54   #1391
fugl
BF Supporter 2018

Erin Elizabeth, anti-vaxxer—

https://www.healthnutnews.com/vaccin...ve-doctor-mom/

Jesus wept!

--Gerard Manley Hopkins

Old Friday 9th November 2018, 14:27   #1392
Johann Sebastian Bach

Is it safe to come out now?

Has she gone?

Peter
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: