• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Big Bird watch April 5th add your details here. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
North Norfolk, edge of town garden, several short walks of 5 km or less, farmland & woodland.
MJB + better half

Suburban garden, southeast Northumbs, plus exercise bike ride if those are still permitted as of 5 April (and the weather not too dreadful!!) :t:

We did the same sort of thing earlier this month for the Great Backyard Bird Count sponsored by Cornell University but what the heck, I'm happy to do it again. Large garden, bounded by woods on two sides and by fields on two sides. Vernon River, Prince Edward Island, Canada.

Rural garden with mix of deciduous and coniferous trees bordering arable farmland, looking towards Nature Reserve Woodland. Ellington, Cambridgeshire. Lots of sky and a few pylons always worth scanning.

Stu

Abbadia San Salvatore, Tuscany, Italy. small town at 850 metres altitude. Mostly Chestnut and Austrian Pine mixed woods around town, Beech higher up. 2nd floor flat with small covered (less sky!) at the front looking onto street and more blocks of flats. Back window looks over more flats and mixed woodland. No garden but some space in front of garage. More possibilities within the 300 metres radius we are permitted to exercise in.

Last edited:
Slight change of location - it is still OK to go to allotments. So we will be doing our count there given the weather :) Birmingham, UK.

Last edited:
Can members edit there posts here or do we need a new thread? and its as much or less time as you wish.

I can't edit my post anymore, as it's from a couple of days ago. I have noticed there is a new forum: April 5th - Self Isolating Bird Sightings, should we post there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back