• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Redundancies (1 Viewer)

IAN JAMES THOMPSON

I heard on Sky News tonight that the National Trust could make up to 1200 members of staff redundant. The National Trust for Scotland had already announced that 75% of there countryside ranger could lose there jobs. I know that my local county wildlife trust are only going to reopen there well known reserve 4 days a week at the present time and quite a number of the county trusts are really struggling. I've heard no news from the RSPB about the present situation. The full article about the redundencies can be found by doing a search: National Trust Press Releases.
Ian.

I heard on Sky News tonight that the National Trust could make up to 1200 members of staff redundant. The National Trust for Scotland had already announced that 75% of there countryside ranger could lose there jobs. I know that my local county wildlife trust are only going to reopen there well known reserve 4 days a week at the present time and quite a number of the county trusts are really struggling. I've heard no news from the RSPB about the present situation. The full article about the redundencies can be found by doing a search: National Trust Press Releases.
Ian.

Bloody typical, National Trust for Scotland getting rid of the only paid staff they have who do anything of any value. Let the buildings go: they'll make splendid bat roosts etc. Keep the rangers.

John

Bloody typical, National Trust for Scotland getting rid of the only paid staff they have who do anything of any value. Let the buildings go: they'll make splendid bat roosts etc. Keep the rangers.

John
I've heard that the county wildlife trusts are struggling. I know my local county wildlife trust are struggling and have been forced to close there popular reserve on a number of days with opening only Friday-Monday instead of normally open 7 days a week, because of financial problems. As mentioned no news from RSPB as of yet, unless someone has any links with any news.
Ian.

My friend is a volunteer at our local NT house and has been told that the house will not be opening this year and probably will not open until Easter 2021 at the earliest. Most of the paid staff are to be made redundant.

My friend is a volunteer at our local NT house and has been told that the house will not be opening this year and probably will not open until Easter 2021 at the earliest. Most of the paid staff are to be made redundant.

That’s why i think the National Trust‘s Annual General Meeting should not be cancelled this year and not a half hearted attempt of some type of meeting called of which no details yet. Of course the National Trust can legaly do this in exceptional circumstances. But with this serious situation within the National Trust and what the future for the National Trust is going to look like, the National Trust’s Annual General Meeting should be held. If the National Trust’s Annual General Meeting doesn't go ahead. I fear that National Trust members might try to get the signatures needed to call an extraordinary general meeting which is not easy to call and I've only seen 3 such meetings called since i became a member in 1973. There has to be 1% of the total membership needed to sign to call such a meeting. Extraordinary General Meetings cannot be refused unless it affects the constitution of the National Trust and this certainly doesn't and previous extraordinary general meeting have been important, but I don’t think they should have been called. But with the present situation of crucial importance for the future of the National Trust, I would fully support any attempt to call such a meeting if the National Trust don't allow the National Trust’s Annual General Meeting to go ahead this year in 2020.
Ian.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back