• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (8 Viewers)

Marsh Harrier is my latest lifer seen at frodsham marsh in cheshire also seen Hen Harrier at the same site which was my first for many years since my first in great yarmouth.

Five more lifers today in South Africa including Large-billed Lark, Long-billed Crombec, Grey Tit, Lazy Cisticola and finally African Harrier-Hawk.

John

Just checked out some photos of a bird I wasn't sure about and can now add Karoo Scrub-Robin as my last lifer. Hopefully there will be a few more over the next few weeks.

John

The wonderful Pied Wheatear at Oldbury-on-Severn. Just how you want a rarity to be; accessible, showy, and gorgeous! :t:

Of course, then I had to run my mouth off about how settled it looked and it duly did a bunk... :-C

Today, Den Helder,Netherlands , Long-tailed Shrike!

That's a bloody good one. I should consider coming back home for a couple of days...
:)

My last lifer is the cute Fire-fronted Bishop, a nice male in breeding plumage 2 weeks ago; it is endemic to East Africa and was my last "Euplectes" missing on my African list, now at about 2000... (I should check what will be my 2000th).

Unfortunately, no photos, I prefer not to use the camera under the light rain... but tomorrow I'll try again at the same spot. It is sunny now!

Cheers

I'm now up to 56 Lifers inSouth Africa. Todays lifers were:

Terrestrial Brownbul, Forest Buzzard, Yellow Throated Wood Warbler & Grey Cuckooshrike.

John

One more today at Granzvlei which is half way between Knysna & Sedgefield, South Africa.

African Emerald Cuckoo and what a stunning bird it is.

John

Attachments

• African Emerald Cuckoo 9855.jpg
    African Emerald Cuckoo 9855.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 48
  • African Emerald Cuckoo 9867.jpg
    African Emerald Cuckoo 9867.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 46
  • African Emerald Cuckoo 9900.jpg
    African Emerald Cuckoo 9900.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 48
A few more lifers over the last ferw days. They are:

Olive Green Pigeon, Chestnut Vented & Layards Tit-Babblers, fairy Flycatcher, Knsna & Olive Woodpeckers, Green Wood-Hoopoe & Scaley-throated Honeyguide.

John

A few more lifers over the last ferw days. They are:

Olive Green Pigeon, Chestnut Vented & Layards Tit-Babblers, fairy Flycatcher, Knsna & Olive Woodpeckers, Green Wood-Hoopoe & Scaley-throated Honeyguide.

John

Green Wood-Hoopoe? I'm going to have to google that one. You are really seeing some fabulous birds!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back