• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski USA warranty changed to 10 years. (1 Viewer)

Ontario

Canada
Swarovski USA warranty changed to 10 years from date of purchase f. Authorized Dealer

Downloaded from SONA website.

In procuring this optical product from Swarovski Optik you now own a top-quality instrument for which we grant a worldwide warranty of 10 years from the date of purchase in accordance with the following conditions:
If defects in material and/or workmanship appear, we will take over material costs for the entire warranty period. We reserve the right in such instances to repair or replace the instrument or the defective part at our discretion. During the first five years we will take over the costs for materials and work.

In addition, all parts are excluded from the warranty which are subject to natural wear, such as eye cups, carry straps, cases, armouring, etc.

This warranty is valid only when this warranty/service document has been duly dated, stamped and signed by the Authorized dealer on the day of purchase.

Remarks for the United States of America:
For warranty services all products purchased in the UnitedStates, our only warranty authorized service is through Swarovski Optik North America. For further information please call 1-800-426-3089.

Attachments

• 5222918-GA.pdf
    23.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
The way I understand it is the 10 yr worldwide warranty is there to satisfy the euro crowd. They will still honor the Swaro USA lifetime warranty, at least that's what I was told. I just got my 10x50 EL SV's back from Swaro for service. They replaced the armoring, collimation, focus mechanism, and new eyecups, all at no charge, as per usual.

The way I understand it is the 10 yr worldwide warranty is there to satisfy the euro crowd. They will still honor the Swaro USA lifetime warranty, at least that's what I was told. I just got my 10x50 EL SV's back from Swaro for service. They replaced the armoring, collimation, focus mechanism, and new eyecups, all at no charge, as per usual.

Maybe that's Corporate's reason for the change per usual was costing too much money.

If the product was purchased with a lifetime warranty they'd be obligated to honor it.

Last edited:

Did they really need all that they replaced / fixed?

Did they really need all that they replaced / fixed?

I'm not sure. I sent them back because when I was unscrewing the right eyecup to clean them up, the whole right barrel twisted instead. I wrote it up got a RFA #, and sent them in. All it said in the Swaro portal was warranty repair with the dates reported, received, RFA #, etc. I got them back 6 weeks later with a list of what was done.

My understanding of Swarovski's warranty in USA is same as that of jgraider. The famously good service in USA has always been based more on good will policy than written commitment.

--AP

My understanding of Swarovski's warranty in USA is same as that of jgraider. The famously good service in USA has always been based more on good will policy than written commitment.

--AP

Per the discussion on Rokslide Swarovski USA published the change 4 years ago to satisfy Europe.

Swarovski USA just sent this email to a Rokslide member regarding his SLC warranty.

"I hope you are well today and thank you for your interest in our products. The SLC line of binoculars comes with a limited lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects. The warranty does not cover wear and tear or damage. With that being said the warranty has not been changed to a five year warranty on the SLC. Depending on the country you are in the warranty can vary but is a limited lifetime warranty for new purchases in the US or Canada."

Last edited:
Hi, I came from Europe.
All I can say about that is the next. I have a El 8,5x42 ten years old.
Firstly I contacted them via email, conversations by emails are realy professional as it could be, I mean they answer in an instant.
Sent them in Absam Tirol Austria, because I have got a focus sticking problems.
They have manage complete service, as cleaning, collimation, replacing armoring, fixing focus issues, replacing eye cups, sent me a spare new eye cups also, and sent me original lens covers and eye cups covers, because I have been lost of mine.
All that was for free, even they sent me back free of cost, after only about two weeks.
So for now, this is a one incredible company.

Also forgot to mention that I have been lost my bill.

Last edited:
Hi,

good to hear their service is still as good/generous as we're used to. As for the warranty changes, I was always quite astonished that companies could still offer lifetime warranties.

- Over here in europe that is regarded as fraudulent advertising as a company cannot offer a warranty after it's gone bankrupt.
- Maybe their accountants have started to explain to them what this offer means in provisions...

That means of course they can still be generous and keep their good name... just not a legal obligation any more, at least for new sales...

Joachim

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back