• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

white headed duck (1 Viewer)

harpman

hello everyone. this is the first time
i have posted but have watched from the
sidelines.

i live in teesside and today we had a rareity up
here which i managed to photograph.
it is a white headed duck, i am informed
(i am an amateur birder).

i would like to post this to the uk rareities but
i am not sure how to do this, what size format etc

harpman

Hi harpman,

May I wish you a warm welcome to Birdforum on behalf of all the Admin, Staff and Moderators. I am glad that you have decided to make your first post.

To make a post in the gallery first of all read the guidelines. To add a photo click on "Upload Photos" on the right hand side of the screen below the recent Posts and follow the screens. If you get stuck just ask

I am look forward to seeing your photos in the Gallery.

Hi Harpman,
glad you took the plunge and posted. You can add your photo to a post in u.k. rarities forum by clicking on the red 'Manage Attachments' text towards the bottom of the page that you enter text on. This will bring up a pop-up box where you can browse to where the photo is on your p.c. Once found, click on 'add this file' then after a wait whilst the image is uploading you should see that your photo has loaded, then click on 'done' if you have no more photos to add.
btw...image should be jpg format, no more than 800pixels along longest length and less than 100kb in file size.
Best regards,
Andy

harpman said:
hello everyone. this is the first time
i have posted but have watched from the
sidelines.

i live in teesside and today we had a rareity up
here which i managed to photograph.
it is a white headed duck, i am informed
(i am an amateur birder).

i would like to post this to the uk rareities but
i am not sure how to do this, what size format etc

harpman

Hello harpman, welcome to the Forum from a fellow Teessider, hope to see your photo soon. Hoping to see the White Headed Duck tommorrow, is it on back Saltholme? ;)

pauliev69 said:
Hello harpman, welcome to the Forum from a fellow Teessider, hope to see your photo soon. Hoping to see the White Headed Duck tommorrow, is it on back Saltholme? ;)

hello paulie69

I was lucky to get the shot as it was a bad
day but we didn't have to look far
it just came to us.

harpman

Welcome aboard Harpman, from another northeasterner :t:

I've been down to see it a few times, but the only times it ever came close were in very miserable conditions - so well done on getting a decent photo.

pure beginners luck ian.
i was with my friend ian lawson of norton
who is learning me on birds.
the white headed basically swam up to us
as we pulled the car to the edge of the road.

Good for you. I have heard from a couple of people that you can get quite close to it if you stay in the car, but that it stays well distant if you try to approach on foot or set up your scope.

harpman said:
pure beginners luck ian.
Hmmmm . . . did you try giving it any bread? See if it had any plastic rings on?

See there's just been a message on NorthEastBirding suggesting in might be a hybrid . . .

Michael

harpman said:
pure beginners luck ian.

Nice to see another Teessider on Bird Forum.
I know I have probably got it wrong but is Ian Lawson the man that wrote a book on the Birds & Wildlife on one of the nature parks in this area?

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back