• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

reduction of birds generally (1 Viewer)

petecockney

Hi,
I live on Anglesey and I had up until last year around 18 to 20 goldfinches feed at my garden. Siskins and serins were few and chaffinch were numerous.
During the past 9 months to date I have seen no blue tit's, great tit's or any of the above already mentioned.
I have however numerous sparrows and a few dunnocks.
Are any other members having the same problem.
Look forward to your replies.

As an optomist, I like to think that the situation you describe is due to good fortune rather than bad. A better year for insects and seeding weeds means the you local gang are off feeding elsewhere. You will soon tell when the weather gets worse.

Thinking there shouldn't be too many Serins on Anglesey to start with.... ;)

Otherwise, agree with previous poster. When natural resources are good in the surrounding countryside, maybe they just aren't visiting your garden because they don't need to.

Thanks everybody on this thread. Since last week I have had numerous birds visiting my garden, far more than I ever had before.
Thankyou all.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back