Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Simon Barnes New Book

Old Saturday 1st October 2005, 08:35   #1
pstraughan

Simon Barnes New Book

I heard a review on the radio of Simon Barnes's new book which I think is called the Bad Birdwatcher's Companion. I hope it is as amusing as his last book How to be a Bad Birdwatcher. Family please note - birthday and Christmas coming up!

Pat
Old Saturday 1st October 2005, 09:30   #2
Hindolbittern
Wildlife artist & good egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstraughan
I heard a review on the radio of Simon Barnes's new book which I think is called the Bad Birdwatcher's Companion. I hope it is as amusing as his last book How to be a Bad Birdwatcher. Family please note - birthday and Christmas coming up!

Pat
I did an Amazon order this week and tagged it on to it as a bit of an impulse buy, so I'll let you know when I've read it.

HB
Old Saturday 1st October 2005, 11:55   #3
chrisgarner
L'Etranger

A smashing little book and currently only 6 in Waterstones (h/b). Full of little anecdotes it captures Barnses' awe and appreciation at even our most common birds,fifty of which are given their own small chapter.Whilst perhaps aimed at the beginner I found it an interesting and quite beguiling read and the b/w drawings are a charm. I find his enthusiasm infectious and owe him a debt of gratitude...having phased for almost 20yrs I am now having the time of my life thanks to How To Be A bad Birdwatcher If anyone has a friend who is perhaps on the cusp of an interest in birding then get them this book-it might just change their lives!
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: