Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

New newsagent monthly birds collection?

Old Tuesday 4th October 2005, 18:52   #1
Quacker

New newsagent monthly birds collection?

Sorry to be so vague.

Just returned from a vacation to Geneva and travelling Switzerland by rail. Just before I left, I saw ads on TV about something to do with birds with part 1 on sale at 2.99 and regular price 6.99 (or similar) I then disappeared for 5 days and never heard of it since.

I asked at WHS at Newcastle airport before I flew, but they'd heard of it, but not stocking it yet.

Can anyone confirm I saw this and furnish me with any further detail? - I believe each episode may have a CD/DVD ROM.

Thanks

Steve
Old Thursday 6th October 2005, 09:40   #2
russkie

steve
looking at the adverts they seem to be primarily aimed at the young birdwatcher or maybe someone who is a casual birder.
i havent looked at the magazines so cant tell you anymore - but you werent imagining it.
nigel
Old Sunday 9th October 2005, 20:36   #3
Quacker

Cheers Nigel. The other half bought it for me yesterday when I was out birding. You are quite correct, and it was donated to an 8 year old. Initial price 2.99 but the 6.99 "normal" price seems steep for youngsters.

The DVD was high quality, but once again why use DVD to put less than an hours worth of material, indeed probably nearer 30 mins. DVD's can hold many hours of decent quality images.

Still, it would have been something I'd have liked as a child.....
Old Monday 10th October 2005, 15:53   #4
Gill Osborne

It's on sale in WH Smith in Alnwick....though I haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

So, is it worth buying?

BF Supporter 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: