Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Help for New York in July

Old Friday 13th March 2015, 20:05   #1
kuzeycem
Turkish Birder

Help for New York in July

Hi all,
I will be at New York for approximately 3-4 weeks during summer, presumably during July (for the 4th). I was wondering if you could give me advice on where to look, or even better, show me a leaded tour or something in New York. I have never been to this side of the Atlantic before and if I manage it I think I can get 200+ lifers, however so far I have not found any professional guides or leaded walks etc.

You can also write where and how to look for birds, key species in New York (Eastern Bluebird - mmmm), and other stuff here too.

Old Friday 13th March 2015, 20:48   #2
Pinewood
New York correspondent

Hello Kuzeycem,

Search the web fr Robert DeCandido, generally known as "Birding Bob." In the summertime, he may lead several walks, each week, in Central Park. Occasionally, he goes to Jamaica Bay.

The eastern bluebird has crossed my path, perhaps once. If you exhaust Central Park, Jamaica Bay and Sandy Hook, you will make some progress at your goal, but May iS the best time to see dozens of warblers.

Happy bird watching,
Arthur Pinewood

Last edited by Pinewood : Friday 13th March 2015 at 21:19.
Old Friday 13th March 2015, 21:02   #3
rdcny

send me your email and I will add you to my weekly newsletter (free) and send several articles, popular and scientific, about my research in NYC -- and Thank You Arthur...see you in the Ramble on Sunday.

Robert DeCandido PhD
NYC
www.BirdingBob.com
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: