Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special ‚Äď Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Help needed!!

Old Wednesday 9th May 2018, 20:42   #1
Shelly928

Help needed!!

Hi everyone! So Iíve been feeding birds for the last 3 months to fill in the loss of my 16 yo dog gizmo. So far Iíve found it expensive but I donít mind and quite a chore bc these birds eat a lot! I was filling the feeder sometimes 3x a day but now my heart is heavy bc there are 2 pigeons that have been coming around. I love all animals and they are living and need to eat too but as city ppl me being in queens we know when there is 1 or 2 there are a lot more to follow. Ans I canít have that. They get fed by someone 5 blocks away daily on the sidewalk away from houses which is prob where these 2 came from. Iíve tried to shoo them away and then I feel bad but they come back and I canít have my day comsumed with nerves about this. So unfortunately Iím going to have to take the feeder down for a few days and the others will suffer I am looking for advice from anyone that has been through this. I have a big backyard itís very long queens yard so I was thinking maybe putting the feeder all the way in the back away from the front of the house bc where I live our houses are attached but our backyards are long enough to fit 2 more houses so woth this being said will this solve my issue and will the sparrows cardinals mourning doves etc find where I relocated. And throw the pigeons off. Any and all advice is welcomed. What became a calming pleasurable experience has now become major anxiety.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: