Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

March of the penguins movie

Old Tuesday 6th September 2005, 01:45   #1
samuel walker
It's OK to be a little blue........

Thumbs up March of the penguins movie

I saw the flick today.It didn't draw a large crowd even though it's been touted as on of the better films this Summer. I liked it. Very faithful to the natural history of the emporor penguin in Antarctica. A very straight-forward documentary of a year in the life of a colony of these large birds. No cutsy Polly meets Peter Penguin Animal Planet treatment. All photography is real except some of the underwater swimming shots that look computer generated.Sweet with the courtship of the birds.Sour with the lion seal chasing females loading up on fish to take back to the chick.Splendid landscape footage of a place I don't think I'll go birding.If you liked Winged Migration you might like this one.
Sam
1969-1972
Old Tuesday 6th September 2005, 11:00   #2
Tammie

Thanks Sam. I'll keep an eye out for it to come on the movie networks over the satellite dish, since there's no theater near here. I wouldn't mind seeing this movie.
Old Saturday 1st October 2005, 23:13   #3
Dave B Smith

I just saw this with my wife. She cried! It's as much a love story as a bird story. Highly recommend it.

BF Supporter 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: