Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Garden Busy Today!

Old Saturday 4th March 2006, 15:03   #1
brianfm
Botanical Birder

Garden Busy Today!

Hi all

Sitting listening to the match (Magpies thrashing Bolton 2-0 at half time ) ansd also watching the garden. Snow still lying in patches from yesterday and very cold again. The House Sparrows down in numbers, with Blackbirds, Wood Pigeons and Collared Doves. The Robins about, as are the Dunnocks and the odd Tit. Nicest sight of all was to see the Song Thrush out manoeuvering the Blackbirds and managing to wallop of all the shredded cheese before Mr Blacky got his eye on it. Not often Song Thrush comes out on tops! I must say the Thrush looked splendid today.

Away to listen to second half.

Cheers

BF Supporter 2007 2008 2009 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Saturday 4th March 2006, 15:31   #2
Ant
North Wales birder

latly ive seen the most activity in my garden over the entire winter, ive even got grey wagtails visiting for the first time now.
this morning 2 blackbirds where fighting in the snow outside the living room window, spring must surly be on its way.
Old Saturday 4th March 2006, 22:23   #3
Dizzy

Busy here too, although the coal tits have been nowhere to be seen for the past couple of days (not while I've been watching anyway). Been very very cold,with just a smattering of snow. The song thrush is getting very bold. I used to just catch a glimpse of him moving under the Elders but now hes coming right out into the open, bold as brass, under the blackbirds noses.
I think I've even got two new visitors, spotted a little wren fluttering under the trees, and I was watching the feeders yesterday and didnt pay much attention to oneparticular bird, saw a flash of red and assumed it was one of the goldies, saw it again today but realised it wasnt the bright red 'face' of the goldie, more on the top of the head, and no yellow wing bars, was kind of 'plain' looking compared to the goldie, so I looked through the rspbs a-z of birds (took me some time..lol) and the one looking most like my new find is the redpoll...I do hope I've got another one to add to my flock he may just be passing by but thats two days in a row...shall keep the camera close at hand to post for confirmation.
Hope your team won Brian!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: