• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Question for UKers (1 Viewer)

El Annie

Phew..............
I'm looking to buy Sunflower Hearts and peanuts in bulk this year probably by mail order (going shares with Dad and Bro') want best value for money - any recommendations???

Cheers B :)

El Annie

Hi El Annie

One of the oldest and most established is Haith's at Cleethorpes in Lincolnshire, or may be thats Humberside, not sure. They are involved with Bird Foods Standards Association. Or you might find it worth contacting a local supplier. Do not be afraid to ask them if they are BSA registered. This should ensure quality. Also do not be afraid to ask for discount. If they will match or better the likes of Haith's they want your custom. If they will not then take your custom elsewhere!

RSPB are too expensive, C J Wildbird foods was accused of scaremongering a couple of years ago to line his own pocket. Not too sure how true this was but he was asked to resign from BSA as a result. So I certainly would not deal with either.
There are quite a few other companies out there now after your business, most of them produce catalogues or price lists of some description.

Happy hunting and good luck!

burhinus

Sorry for the late reply !
We get ours through the local seed merchant in 50lb sacks. They worked out far cheaper than ordering online.

Hi burhinus and all contributers etc, my brother found a local supplier who does black sun flower seeds for 50p a kilo, we are just trying them out now, quality looks good although they are quite small but I don't suppose that matters really, if birdies like them then will purchase in bulk!!

Cheers
El Annie:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back