• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird of Vietnam (1 Viewer)

balbuzard26

Hello,

Can you help me please identify these birds caught in Viet Nam?

Thank you in advance

Attachments

• DSC_0276.JPG
    DSC_0276.JPG
    194.2 KB · Views: 41
  • P1080774.JPG
    P1080774.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 35
  • P1100231.JPG
    P1100231.JPG
    169.1 KB · Views: 42
First bird looks like a female cyornis flycatcher, second is either Grey chinned or long tailed minivet, the latter I can't reconcile with anything other than a juvenile striated grassbird, as it looks to heavy in the bill for any of the other cisticolas.

Hopefully others will chip in!

Another series

Attachments

• P1080586 - Copie.JPG
    P1080586 - Copie.JPG
    306.4 KB · Views: 30
  • P1080750 - Copie.JPG
    P1080750 - Copie.JPG
    188.2 KB · Views: 20
  • P1100076 - Copie.JPG
    P1100076 - Copie.JPG
    470.5 KB · Views: 18
  • P1100161 - Copie.JPG
    P1100161 - Copie.JPG
    421.5 KB · Views: 21
Couldn't no.1 be Taiga Flycatcher? There's no orange on the breast, and it's a very open perch.

Agree that no. 2 is either Grey-chinned or Long-tailed Minivet - I wouldn't like to say which, as both species have yellow underwing-coverts and underwing-bar.Maybe Grey-chinned, as the head looks wholly grey?

No. 3 looks like a Cisticola to me, although it does look rather robust. For one thing, the undertail pattern looks typical of a Cisticola. I'm not sure what juv. Striated Grassbird looks like, as I can't find any images online, but surely it would have a longer tail and streaked underparts.

In the second set, I don't know what no. 1 is. It's a finch or sparrow but quite rusty on the underparts. Do you have any other images? A location or indication of habitat might help.

I agree with Daniel on nos. 2 & 3. No. 4 is looks like female Olive-backed Sunbird.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back