• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Please ID (Common Greenshank ?) (1 Viewer)

tcom

I was out this morning trying to photograph a few birds and I have got these two which I can't identify. I guess the second is a common greenshank, is this correct ?

And what is the first one ?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 275
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 242
I'd say the second is definitely a Greenshank and the first I'd go for Wood Sandpiper.
I've got no books with me at the moment,so may be wrong!

Hi Dominique,
I'd agree with Trevor:summer Wood Sandpiper for the first one and summer Greenshank for the second.
Seeing as how there was a general request for more info on these replies,the Wood Sand can be identified as such based on the relatively prominent supercilium,typical structure,barred tertials,leg colour etc.The Greenshank has a very pale head and neck with black streaking and a slightly upturned bill with a relatively thick base(ruling out Marsh Sandpiper).
Harry

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back