• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Small Flycatcher help wanted. Yucatan, january (1 Viewer)

alanc

Just an earthbound misfit
England
Didn't get any response from my previous thread on small fc's so i have re-posted with 3 photos of a single bird. I think it might be a Least Flycatcher but please help/confirm if you can
thanks,
alan

Attachments

• bf.JPG
    bf.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 53
  • bf2.JPG
    bf2.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 59
  • bf3.JPG
    bf3.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 53
Looks good for Least to me (esp. last two photos), but I'm not aware of what confusion species there might be in Yucatan. (Though eBird suggests Least is most common empid there).

Best,
Jim

Thanks Jim
I also saw this bird at a different location in the Yucatan. This bird was the same size but looked different - a greyer head and different wing pattern. Do you think this could also be a Least?
alan

Attachments

• DSC_0048.JPG
    DSC_0048.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC_0049.JPG
    DSC_0049.JPG
    160.5 KB · Views: 60
Thanks Jim
I also saw this bird at a different location in the Yucatan. This bird was the same size but looked different - a greyer head and different wing pattern. Do you think this could also be a Least?
alan

Hard to be sure with these photos, but I think it could be. Eyering looks weak, but structure (primary projection, "cute" yet big-headed appearance) looks right. Perhaps a worn individual (note rectrices are uneven in length (when photo is lighened)).

Best,
Jim

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back