• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

most number of species on one photo (1 Viewer)

Earnest lad

I once saw a photo someone had taken that had seven species of birds on it. Does anyone know if this would be a record. If not can anyone advise what the record is for the biggest no. of bird species (wild of course) in a photo that someone took

Hi ian

I've moved your post to the Information Wanted forum as I feel that might be more suitable and likely to get an answer.

I know I've seen one or two multi-species pictures in the Gallery, but can't remember who took them now. I'll investigate!

I once saw a photo someone had taken that had seven species of birds on it. Does anyone know if this would be a record. If not can anyone advise what the record is for the biggest no. of bird species (wild of course) in a photo that someone took

I would imagine it would be a lot more than 7, and would maybe be a pic with lots of waders gulls, terns, and a few egrets in it, taken somewhere like Hong Kong. Something like that anyway!

I remember there was a photo on here last year of many species of birds resting on a large ocean going vessel well off the USA - can anyone else remember it and post it here?

I remember there was a photo on here last year of many species of birds resting on a large ocean going vessel well off the USA - can anyone else remember it and post it here?

Here's an image with eleven species, I posted as part of my Lakescape series ...Lakescape-338
Link :
http://www.birdforum.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/509300/ppuser/86675

There are some more with 12, 13 and one with 17 species ... as part of Lakescape or otherwise ...
I'will post the links soon ...

For sheer volume of birds in a totally unexpected setting, that was one of the most impressive photographs I have ever seen.

Thanks so much for finding those images Alok. I was sure it was some of your pictures I was remembering.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back