• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sparrowhawk or Goshawk (1 Viewer)

Hi
This bird flew over our garden yesterday (quite high so sorry about the image quality). Everything tells me this has to be a sparrowhawk however it was quite large so not sure if female or goshawk ?
Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

cheers
Steve

Attachments

• IMG_2120-2-Edit.jpg
    IMG_2120-2-Edit.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 157
Looks like Sprawk to me - mainly the square tail, skinny legs, long middle toe, (and staring eye expression - this last one is a stretch).

I've mucked up plenty of times on our own Oz combo, let alone OS ones, but reasonably confident here. Will be devo if someone comes along and shoots this theory down ! :-O

Chosun :gh:

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back