• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New 8x30-32 binoculars (1 Viewer)

Dragoon

Hi guys,
i want to buy a new 8x32 binoculars, i was thinking about the new Kowa BD II 8x32, what do you think? my budget is $ 500

Dragoon,

You might look at the "Waterproof 8x32(ish) and maybe older bins advice" thread here for the latest of many discussions on 8x32 bins within your budget.

Mike

For $500 you will get a better value and more performance getting an 8x42 and it's probably a better all around binocular. A 42mm brings in 70% more light than a 32mm. I would look at the Vortex Viper HD 8x42 or a Nikon Monarch 7 8x42.

Last edited:
nothing 42, I already have it (Zeiss 10x42) I use it for trekking only during the day. I am attracted to the large field that Kowa provides

My few pents on this is for the money, out of the formats I have experience with, the 6.5X32 is by far the best of the three, followed by the 8X42 and the 8X32.
The larger exit pupil coupled with less focus adjustment required makes the 6.5X32 a very easy glass to view with.

The focus speed could be a bit slower, more forgiving so to speak esp for the 8X32, and for that budget take a look around, one is likely to find a better glass in 8X32 IMHO.

Andy W.

Nikon EII is not waterproof. Now the choice is between the new Kowa bdii 8x32 for the large field, and the Minox HG 8x33 which is very discounted here, practically at the same price as the Kowa.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back