• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Adapters Help (1 Viewer)

Hi Ken

Do you have a thread on the front of your lens?if so what size is it?Or you could always make you own there are several threads on BF about home made adaptors.

Steve.

Ken if the camera lens is the same size as the Finepix 602 which I think it is, then no.

The lens has a 55mm internal thread, and cannot be stopped down to suit a scope eyepiece. You will either need a universal adaptor such as the Zeiss one or I think Nikon make one. Even then you will have a tremendous amount of vignetting I am afraid.

I have a Fuji 602 and have never been successful with it. The lens extends a long way from the front of the camera, its also a very heavy camera and would need a lot of support.... sorry to be the bearer of bad news!! I have to buy a Nikon 4500!

Just had to say ... It make's no difference to Digiscoping if your Len's extend's
out as long as you set the Zoom first,
You can get the lense closer in most case's if it extend's... But having the lense right against the Eyepiece does'nt work with all Camera's either,

A few Camera's need to be Half Inch or more away from the Eyepiece to stop
vignetting When using the Zoom on the Eyepiece, Not all but quite a few,

I have both the 4500 and the 7900 ... 4500 with the L.C.E Adapter and the
7900 with the Baader Microstage 6030 Adapter ...
The 7900 has no thread on the lens and the lense Zoom's in and out when
adjusted ... The result's of the 7900 are far better than the 4500,
I'm going to wait until better Weather to try the 4500 a bit more but if the
picture's have'nt improved by 100% then i'm selling it as it's not even comparable to the 7900 ... I've tried all combination's on the 4500 and it
just does'nt perform in my eye's like Today's Digital Camera's,
Yeah the Swivel monitor is useful but not essential ... Expecially on Angled
Scope's,
My question is ... Can you take picture's "Handholding" the Finepix S7000 against the Lense?, ... If you can ... Then you can use it,
Take care,
John,

Modular said:
The result's of the 7900 are far better than the 4500,
I'm going to wait until better Weather to try the 4500 a bit more but if the
picture's have'nt improved by 100% then i'm selling it as it's not even comparable to the 7900
John,

You have seen that the king has no clothes. Just sell the 4500 - good weather is not going to make it perform better than the 7900. It was a great camera, but its time has gone.

Best regards,

Ilkka

k.k.stevenson1 said:
I have a Finepix S7000 & Opticron Classic 1F-2 scope.Is there a adapter to connect the two .thank Ken. o:)

Hi Ken,
Right i have a S7000 and i bought a F- adaptor on Ebay for around £17.00 from a company in Glasgow, you will need to buy also a lens extender which enables you to fit filters etc to your S7000 and these cost £8.00 on Ebay from China but you can get them all over the place.
The F-adaptor screws onto the £8.00 adaptor (which you will screw onto the front of your S7000) then it attaches to the eyepiece of your scope with 3 knurled screws and hey presto its fitted!!!!!!
Now the difficult bit you need a very stable tripod to fix the scope/camera combo to, after that its a case of trial and error to find the best settings (i find manual focus the best and use a cable to take your shots)
So far i have been really pleased with my early attempts and i'm sure in time i will produce something pretty close to the quality shots i've seen on the forum!
Have fun
Brian
Ps The S7000 is a really underated camera buy one and you will be amazed!

Lol i think your right ... I've tried and tried with this and just can't get it
close to the 7900 ... I look at the 4500 and tell myself it MUST produce better
result's as i seen this Camera all the Time on the Digiscoping Web Site's ...
Like you say ... The Clothe's went age's ago,
Really appreciate you saying that ... It's helped a lot on my decision,
Thank's and Take Care,
John,

iporali said:
John,

You have seen that the king has no clothes. Just sell the 4500 - good weather is not going to make it perform better than the 7900. It was a great camera, but its time has gone.

Best regards,

Ilkka

S7000

Claymore said:
Hi Ken,
Right i have a S7000 and i bought a F- adaptor on Ebay for around £17.00 from a company in Glasgow, you will need to buy also a lens extender which enables you to fit filters etc to your S7000 and these cost £8.00 on Ebay from China but you can get them all over the place.
The F-adaptor screws onto the £8.00 adaptor (which you will screw onto the front of your S7000) then it attaches to the eyepiece of your scope with 3 knurled screws and hey presto its fitted!!!!!!
Now the difficult bit you need a very stable tripod to fix the scope/camera combo to, after that its a case of trial and error to find the best settings (i find manual focus the best and use a cable to take your shots)
So far i have been really pleased with my early attempts and i'm sure in time i will produce something pretty close to the quality shots i've seen on the forum!
Have fun
Brian
Ps The S7000 is a really underated camera buy one and you will be amazed!
Thanks Brian.You are one in a million.Will get on to it right away.Its a great camera.Had it a month or two thought i might try a bit of digiscoping. Thanks brian.All the best Ken. :t:

Hi Ken,
Another gadget i bought off Ebay is a folding screen hood again this came from China took about 6 days to arrive, its a great piece of kit very well made and does a great job protecting the mini tv screen when closed (keeps the sun out when its open) cost approx £17.00.
Have fun
Brian

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back