• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

December 2005 photo competition - theme 'Holiday Card' (1 Viewer)

IanF

The theme for December 2005 is 'Holiday Card'.

Your entry may be either a painting/drawing or a photograph - of a bird or birds which must feature prominently as the main subject matter however graphics, borders, text etc, can be added if you wish.

The rules must be adhered to in order to avoid disqualification - the Moderators decision is final.

Rules -

1. Entry must be your own work - either a photograph or a painting/drawing.
2. One entry per member.​
3. Entry to be uploaded between December 1st-21st midnight GMT.​
4. The entry must include a wild bird(s) as the main subject matter.​
5. Once uploaded it is classed as an entry and cannot be replaced by another, however you have until the closing date/time of this competition to ensure that your entry meets criteria.​
6. The entry must not have previously been submitted in a competition on this site.​
7. Details of photo equipment if used to be included or artistic medium used if drawn i.e. pastel crayon, pencil, acrylic etc...​
8. Entries to be uploaded directly by entrants to the Monthly Photo Competitions 2005 Gallery.​

Please note 30 entries will be selected for addition to the voting booth for members to vote upon.

On closing of the competition entries will be moved to the appropriate Gallery Forum.
Limits on image size and kb are determined by the Gallery limits.

Comments on entries are permitted.​

A voting booth will be posted after December 21st.

Any queries about this month's competition - please post below.

Ian can we upload a wild bird pic from our own gallery which has been uploaded before or is the pic to be loaded for the compation be a NEW ONE.Thanks :bounce:

I think we'll stick with uploading a new copy for the competition rather than transferring from one forum to another. Any existing photo can be used as long as it hasn't been entered into a previous competition on Bird Forum :t:

It's working fine for me Searobin!

***Edit: It's not now though. First time viewing it worked fine but now it won't load. Might be an idea to upload it again and I'll delete this copy when I see the new one.***

Ian, I am trying to move an existing pic to the montly competitions category and it says that I have no permission to do this! Why?

IvoZafirov said:
Ian, I am trying to move an existing pic to the montly competitions category and it says that I have no permission to do this! Why?

Only mods are allowed to move photos from one category to another.

Earlier Ian recommened up loading another copy straight into the competition if you want to use an exisiting photo - so that's probably the way to go.

IanF said:
It's working fine for me Searobin!

***Edit: It's not now though. First time viewing it worked fine but now it won't load. Might be an idea to upload it again and I'll delete this copy when I see the new one.***

Hi Ian! Iam still having problems. I checked today on 3 different computers at work and my pic is not there unless it is clicked on. From the messages I am getting, others are having the same problem. If this can’t be fixed maybe you could delete my entry and let me repost it?

searobin said:
Hi Ian! Iam still having problems. I checked today on 3 different computers at work and my pic is not there unless it is clicked on. From the messages I am getting, others are having the same problem. If this can’t be fixed maybe you could delete my entry and let me repost it?
It's the only way to go. I've tried a few different things and non worked.

I've deleted the entry so please upload a new copy.

IvoZafirov,

Yes please upload a new copy of the photo you want to use rather than transferring one from another forum. As stated only the Mods can move/delete a photo. As I see you have already done :t:

IanF said:
It's the only way to go. I've tried a few different things and non worked.

I've deleted the entry so please upload a new copy.

IvoZafirov,

Yes please upload a new copy of the photo you want to use rather than transferring one from another forum. As stated only the Mods can move/delete a photo. As I see you have already done :t:

Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back