• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Neurotic California Quail (1 Viewer)

Limitless

Hi all,

I'm coming to you because of a new situation that has arisen that I am now somewhat concerned about.

I recently moved into a new place and thought I had made a new friend that every morning, would be staring in my window, in the same spot. Although it is a quail, his/her hair seems to be a little more disheveled than the others I've seen.

On top of this, on my balcony upstairs, there is a dead quail that I believe ran into the window in the past week. Ever since then, the still alive quail seems more keen to staring in all my windows and earlier today was up on the balcony pushing the dead one around. I'm wondering if he lost a mate or a friend and is having mental issues.

Let me know your thoughts and if there's anything I should do.

Thanks!

I think it more likely that the quail can see a reflection in the glass, and that he thinks it's a challenger. Not much you can do other than try to put something in front of the glass.

I think it more likely that the quail can see a reflection in the glass, and that he thinks it's a challenger. Not much you can do other than try to put something in front of the glass.

He doesn't do much of anything other than stare at himself from 4-5 inches away from the glass. Almost like he's casing the joint to come back later and rob me. Anytime he sees me, he runs away.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back