• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Minox HG 8x33 62181 for a bargain price (1 Viewer)

bruno28

Hello,

I just got a HG 8x33 brand new for $250 Aud ($165usd). Holy crap they feel sturdy. Bargain of the year?

And i found out these were directly from distributor as they had extra stock they needed to clear. I got the warranty card signed and 30 years local warranty.

They feel so good in the hands and are very good at low ligtht during sunset time.

Attachments

• 20200218_221818_resized.jpg
    20200218_221818_resized.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 126
  • 20200218_221840_resized.jpg
    20200218_221840_resized.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
you stole them....even on close out they go for 6 times that…..they were Minox's alpha a few years back....

Here is a good review from the Cloudy nights forum
https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/509369-minox-hg-8x33-quick-review/

And the Minox HG APO model

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/511670-observations-of-small-aperture-observing/

Hello,

I just got a HG 8x33 brand new for $250 Aud ($165usd). Holy crap they feel sturdy. Bargain of the year?

And i found out these were directly from distributor as they had extra stock they needed to clear. I got the warranty card signed and 30 years local warranty.

They feel so good in the hands and are very good at low ligtht during sunset time.

Last edited:
I don't see 'Made in Germany' at the base of the metal focus wheel, so it looks like the original made in Japan version which is really nice.

The later upgraded HG says 'made in Germany' and allegedly has improved optics. The Japanese version is a little less bulky and is a little lighter too. I've tried both in 8x33 several years ago and I preferred the original Japanese HG. I did not try them side by side. Supposedly, the 'German' made version has better optics and wider FOV. Allbinos mentioned some optical improvements in the German version.

I don't see 'Made in Germany' at the base of the metal focus wheel, so it looks like the original made in Japan version which is really nice.

The later upgraded HG says 'made in Germany' and allegedly has improved optics. The Japanese version is a little less bulky and is a little lighter too. I've tried both in 8x33 several years ago and I preferred the original Japanese HG. I did not try them side by side. Supposedly, the 'German' made version has better optics and wider FOV. Allbinos mentioned some optical improvements in the German version.

Binomania review https://www.binomania.it/minox-hg-8x33-mig-made-in-germany/

Compared to the old version it seemed brighter and more contrasted, with a field obviously wider and a higher optical correction at the center of the field.

Last edited:
minox was doing fine with their multi model hg series...that was over due for a dielectric upgrade...when Blazer took over and took minox out the alpha race altogether...

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back