Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
More discoveries. NEW: Zeiss Victory SF 32

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Reed warbler? Sedge warbler? (France)

Old Friday 1st May 2015, 08:40   #1
Gduff

Reed warbler? Sedge warbler? (France)

Hi,

I've posted this song on xeno canto, but I'd like to have your opinion.

http://www.xeno-canto.org/238565

I think it's a Reed Warbler, but could that be a Sedge Warbler? Or maybe something else?
Actually, I was very surprised to hear that song in my own garden this morning, because to me it's a totally unexpected place for such a warbler. The next river is at least 500 meters away, and my garden is a typical city garden, inside a small city.
What do you think?

Thank you
Old Friday 1st May 2015, 08:44   #2
barrie1

Reed W. - good one for the garden list :)

Baz
Old Friday 1st May 2015, 09:35   #3
HH75

Reed Warbler for me also. More repetitive song than Sedge Warbler, less inclined to suddenly speed up also. There's a brief burst of more 'excited' song, but Reed Warblers can do that now and again, though it tends to be nowhere near as extreme as in Sedge. The precise tone of the song is also typical Reed.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: