• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Liverpool urban birding (1 Viewer)

renopaul

Bromborough, Wirral, UK
Hi all,

Having had great views of Kingfisher on Albert Dock today, I thought it would be interesting to ask if anyone else maintains a Liverpool city centre list? Over the last couple of years I've had the following from within sight of my work (Atlantic Pavilion, Albert Dock):

Magpie
Mute swan
Herring gull
Black-headed gull
Cormorant
Feral pigeon
Starling
Carrion crow
Mallard
Canada goose
Pied wagtail
Goldfinch
Kingfisher
Grey heron
Blackbird
Dunnock
Blue tit
Mistle thrush
Chiffchaff
Lesser black-backed gull
Wood pigeon
House martin
Robin
House sparrow
Sparrowhawk
Redshank
Wren
Linnet
Grey Wagtail
Peregrine
Moorhen
Swift

All with no effort or optics. Not a big list but enough to keep some interest going!

Cheers
Paul

Hi all,

Having had great views of Kingfisher on Albert Dock today, I thought it would be interesting to ask if anyone else maintains a Liverpool city centre list? Over the last couple of years I've had the following from within sight of my work (Atlantic Pavilion, Albert Dock):

Magpie
Mute swan
Herring gull
Black-headed gull
Cormorant
Feral pigeon
Starling
Carrion crow
Mallard
Canada goose
Pied wagtail
Goldfinch
Kingfisher
Grey heron
Blackbird
Dunnock
Blue tit
Mistle thrush
Chiffchaff
Lesser black-backed gull
Wood pigeon
House martin
Robin
House sparrow
Sparrowhawk
Redshank
Wren
Linnet
Grey Wagtail
Peregrine
Moorhen
Swift

All with no effort or optics. Not a big list but enough to keep some interest going!

Cheers
Paul
That's an impressive city centre list.
Have you seen the Liver bird?There'll be a few ex Jail birds knocking around the city centre from memory.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Magpie
Mute swan
Herring gull
Black-headed gull
Cormorant
Feral pigeon
Starling
Carrion crow
Mallard
Canada goose
Pied wagtail
Goldfinch
Kingfisher
Grey heron
Blackbird
Dunnock
Blue tit
Mistle thrush
Chiffchaff
Lesser black-backed gull
Wood pigeon
House martin
Robin
House sparrow
Sparrowhawk
Redshank
Wren
Linnet
Grey Wagtail
Peregrine
Moorhen
Swift

Cheers
Paul

Very nice work sir.

I work up the road from you near The Titanic Hotel. It's all industrial buildings near the docks but there is a park opposite which helps the list:

black headed gull
wood pigeon
starling
goldfinch
house sparrow
dunnock
common gull
magpie
swallow
swift
peregrine
kestrel
herring gull
blackbird
robin
blue tit
feral pigeon
carrion crow
mistle thrush
pied wagtail
grey wagtail
lesser black backed gull
mute swan
mallard
cormorant
canada goose

loads of rabbits too...

Subburban Liverpool

Hi I live close to Otterspool and the list which visit my garden is:-
Blackbird
Great Tit
Blue Tit
Coal Tit
Woodpigeon
Collared Dove
Nuthatch
Chaffinch
Goldfinch
Greenfinch
Robin
Dunnock
Magpie
Jay
Ringneck Parakeet
heard a woodpecker drumming but not seen it
heard a Tawny owl but not seen it.

All I can add to the lists in this thread is a goosander that was in Princes Dock a few winters back, a tired looking grey partridge by the site of the cruise liner terminal, and turnstone and oystercatcher at low tide (before they built the terminal).

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back