• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wootton Art 2013 (2 Viewers)

nice work tim, will have to have a bash with the sharpie now ive seen how in Artists and Illustrators , some geezer did an article !

The depth and sense of open space in the Hoy landscape is outstanding. The Snow Buntings are wonderful as well. You never disappoint!

Said elsewhere but I've got to say again, that landscape is a cracker and it might make me get the oils out again and attempt some landscapes! If only we ever get any bl**dy light around here ever again!

Mike

Gorgeous, and a great example of owl camo! There is at least one of these birds fairly close to home, and they're quite uncommon here, so am anxious to go chase it. Though right now we are in a stretch of dry, but constantly foggy weather, not great for twitching.

Man I am really digging that landscape. True to your form, Tim.
What's with the sharpie work? When did that start? I just bought a huge set of sharpies...okay, it was for halloween...and am wondering if I should get them out and start messing around.
xoxo

I get thrown every time you say 'sharpie' Tim. In the US at this time of year the first thought of most people is an accipiter, the Sharp-shinned Hawk, feeding on other birds at the feeder. The rest of the year, when they're less likely to be around, my first thought is your style of drawing here.

I like them both, and admire your foliage in the owl one, but I'd have to say there's something I particularly like about the buntings.

A large piece in conte and watercolour, Hare and Golden Plovers, 33"x23"
and a smaller commissioned piece, juvenile hen harrier, 20" x12"

Attachments

• hare ang goldies (800x564).jpg
    hare ang goldies (800x564).jpg
    337.9 KB · Views: 131
  • juv harrier (800x556).jpg
    juv harrier (800x556).jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 164
Both are exceptional Tim!
I love hte moody atmosphere of the Harrier piece, but this Hare attracts my attention also..

Paschalis

Wow that plover piece is Superb. I have also missed the sharpie owl the work that has gone into that piece Its certainly one my favourite sharpie pics :t:

The harrier piece is wonderful - beautiful and harmonious landscape setting for the bird. Gorgeous!

Wonderful stuff - watercolour at its best!

Yes. Quite superb and both from the very highest of drawers. The Hare and Plovers is stonkingly good and up there with your very best, a wonderful watercolour. Harrier is none too shabby either, a very happy client no doubt...

heartfelt seascape is just perfect...as sure a touch as all your work and so expressive of place....love the sharpie work simply awesome what you do with the "simple" tool

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back