• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Samsung Galaxy Ace.......problem with settings...help needed (1 Viewer)

David Smith

Warrington Lancs
For some reason it has stopped alerting me with sound when I get a text.
I have gone into settings and cannot find a reason i.e. the 'silent' button isn't ticked. I have tried selecting a new alert sound.........it would normally make that noise so you can decide if it's what you want.....no sound comes !!
The vibration is still working.
I have gone through all the settings, hoping for some inspiration, but cannot see anything that gives me hope.
Any advice appreciated.
Thanks

Have a look at Settings - Sounds and notifications. My S5 shows Ringtone, Media and Notifications all of which are at maximum. I have System set at zero because I hate bleeps.

i assume that your phone rings when called. It might be worth checking the volume control on the side of your phone/tablet just to make sure you have not altered this by mistake simply by pressing it unwittingly.

Good luck

Colin

Hi David, try this:

http://deviceguides.vodafone.ie/web...e-settings/sound-settings/choose-message-tone

Edit: Make sure you select a tone from the list. If one is already 'checked' try changing it.

Dave

Have a look at Settings - Sounds and notifications. My S5 shows Ringtone, Media and Notifications all of which are at maximum. I have System set at zero because I hate bleeps.

i assume that your phone rings when called. It might be worth checking the volume control on the side of your phone/tablet just to make sure you have not altered this by mistake simply by pressing it unwittingly.

Good luck

Colin
Many thanks............I still couldn't get it to work and then.....suddenly......it decided to start working OK. No idea why or how but hey ho :)
Thanks again

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back