• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eden XP 10x42 and 10x56 (1 Viewer)

typo

I've had the Eden 10x42 and 10x56 to play with for just over a week and just posted my reviews:
http://www.birdforum.net/reviews/showproduct.php/product/368/limit/recent
http://www.birdforum.net/reviews/showproduct.php/product/369/limit/recent

The 8x XP and HDs from Eden have had enthusiastic comments on the the forum in the past, and I was keen to see what the 10x would do.

Great value pairs, and a delight to use. Wish I had steadier hands for a light weight 10x, but the big one was quite a revelation. Definitely worth the weight. ;)

David

While I have those Edens I thought I'd track down a few more binos to see how they stand up to pricier competition. Only shop doorway comparisons with a town centre view, so not really a fair assessment.

The Edens appeared to have a richer, more saturated colour and contrasty view than both the open and closed hinge Hawke Sapphire EDs. While the Hawkes were a bit sharper to the edges than the Eden x42 in particular and had probably less CA, in an urban setting with a lot of straight edges, I found the distortion on the Hawkes unbearable. The Eden x56 won that easily for me. Trying to ignore the distortion on the Hawkes, it was swings and roundabouts on the x42, and probably comes down to personal taste. The Bushnell Elites HD were much closer, and probably had the advantage on CA, but the x56 had seemingly the flatter view. I'd give the advantage to the Elite, but it was closer that I might have guessed. Not surprisingly a Swarovski EL won that little shoot out. Curiously it was the only one that showed the same occasional flare issue as the Eden.

David

While I have those Edens I thought I'd track down a few more binos to see how they stand up to pricier competition. Only shop doorway comparisons with a town centre view, so not really a fair assessment.

The Edens appeared to have a richer, more saturated colour and contrasty view than both the open and closed hinge Hawke Sapphire EDs. While the Hawkes were a bit sharper to the edges than the Eden x42 in particular and had probably less CA, in an urban setting with a lot of straight edges, I found the distortion on the Hawkes unbearable. The Eden x56 won that easily for me. Trying to ignore the distortion on the Hawkes, it was swings and roundabouts on the x42, and probably comes down to personal taste. The Bushnell Elites HD were much closer, and probably had the advantage on CA, but the x56 had seemingly the flatter view. I'd give the advantage to the Elite, but it was closer that I might have guessed. Not surprisingly a Swarovski EL won that little shoot out. Curiously it was the only one that showed the same occasional flare issue as the Eden.

David

How dare you slag off my beloved Sapphire!

You know naaating.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back