Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Nikon DSA-N1 With Nikon EDG FieldScope ?

Old Tuesday 30th January 2018, 12:45   #1
gcole

Nikon DSA-N1 With Nikon EDG FieldScope ?

Hi .. I have to replace a cheap, old(Nikon) camera I use only to take pictures of stuff I sell here & on the internet. Since I have never gotten into Digiscoping I am thinking about trying it now with a NIKON DSA-N1 Adapter & upgrading my camera to the Nikon entry level 1 J1 body only. I thought I would just purchase the body for now for use with the Nikon adapter & if this entry level try out for me sparks more interest, I would be willing to spend more money on upgrading to a better camera with a lens. I have the Nikon EDG 65 spotter with the 20,25,& the 30x EDG eyepiece to use. I have two questions:

1. Has anyone used this DSA-N1 on any Nikon EDG Scope ?
2. Depending on which eyepiece I use (16,20,24x power) when used with my scope (alone) with out the Adapter/Camera, would it be to unrealistic to expect the images to be sharp/bright ? given the aperture of the my scope being only 65mm .
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: