Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Opticron Discovery 7x42

Old Friday 27th April 2018, 03:25   #51
adhoc

Petrus 82,

By "impicit" I meant this, copied from the Google dictionary (easiest to access), and also the first meaning in pretty much all others: "suggested though not directly expressed."

The purpose was not to contradict Jinty85, but to put in a word for reviewers who do not in fact intend to mislead, and to offer (what I hope is!) a bit of useful information.
Old Friday 27th April 2018, 05:20   #52
typo

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhoc View Post
PS. On the other hand if a reviewer receives any special benefit (that ordinary users do not) from the manufr. or their agent/s in connection with a review he/she should make it a point to state that. ......
I've done 6 Opticron reviews, five at their invitation. As for special benefits, I did accept a cup of coffee once at their HQ when they asked for my opinion on various producs. They did try to help me with a test I had in mind and I did accept a 10 tripod mounting bracket. I was offered one of the binoculars I reviewed, but I declined. Is that what you had in mind?

Anyone else?

David

Last edited by typo : Friday 27th April 2018 at 06:21.
Old Friday 27th April 2018, 06:13   #53
adhoc

My interrogation is bringing in results fast. GBP 10! And "cup of coffee" is very suspicious. Where was that in this range (link)? We need transparency ;-) Frankly David I had forgotten about your Opticron reviews on BirdForum, if they were in fact here (sorry)! It happens that I was never too excited about this make, although I am interested in the present model (7x42), and also the other one I asked about, the 6.5x with the very wide field of view, though less now after Frank's brief report here.
Old Friday 27th April 2018, 07:16   #54
typo

I wouldn't want to question Pete's barista skills, but it wasn't Jamaican blue mountain let alone Kopi Luwak.

David

Last edited by typo : Friday 27th April 2018 at 07:21.
Old Sunday 3rd June 2018, 15:38   #55
Paul1963

I intend to take a look at these - as someone with mild shake in my hands 7x gives me much clearer apparent magnification. It would be nice to see some other manufacturers follow suit as of recent years 7x has been something of a gap in the marketplace.
Old Friday 22nd June 2018, 13:27   #56
aCuria

Quote:
Originally Posted by chill6x6 View Post
Found out today this is available NOW from a BF member! Thanks for the heads up! Got one on the way!
Did you manage to get a pair of these? I would love to hear how you find them
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: