Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Videos, photos, and audio recordings from Peru

Old Friday 30th August 2019, 17:45   #1
fishcrow

Videos, photos, and audio recordings from Peru

During a recent trip to Manu Park in Peru, I obtained video, photos, and audio recordings that may be accessed here. My primary objective was to use a DJI Phantom 4 Professional drone, which has a 4K video camera, to obtain video footage from above the cloud forest and jungle habitats. Another objective was to leave a Sony PCM-D100 audio recorder on a tripod to obtain hours of audio recordings. I spent a lot of time at Amazonia Lodge, where I climbed up to a ridge to launch the drone over a wide expanse of pristine habitat on the other side of the mountain. There is an amazing chorus of birds in the first ten minutes of the first audio recording. The second audio recording contains several knocks by the Crimson-crested Woodpecker. I had previously seen several of the Campephilus woodpeckers and published this paper about their knocks, but it was the first time that I managed to hear them in the field.

Mike Collins
Alexandria, Virginia
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: