Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Birding Pals/Accomodations on Alabama Gulf Coast

Old Monday 12th February 2007, 04:23   #1
latinbirder

Birding Pals/Accomodations on Alabama Gulf Coast

Hi I just joined this forum after running across a link to it while researching a birding trip to Southern Alabama. I'm trying to put together a last minute budget trip to the Mobile/Gulf Shores/Islands area and wondered if anyone can recommend a place to stay or has had any experience with birding pals in that area. Being from the Bay Area I've come to rely heavily on Craigslist for apts/jobs/sublets/vacation rentals etc. but pickings are slim on Craigslist for the Mobile area.

I need a place to stay near the 200 mile birding trail for a couple of nights next weekend or the following weekend. I'd also like to hook up with any local birders who might have time to take me around.

Ideally, birders, could put eachother up from time to time to defray the cost of out of town trips and share the love of birding. Does anyone know of forums or resources that promote such exchanges?

Thanks in advance,

Jennifer
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: