Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Honey Buzzards

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
Old Wednesday 21st August 2019, 08:48   #51
Leakey

Wales

Here you are. Not getting into debate but all I will say is calling someone a Welsh sheep shagger isn't polite conversation. Here are some of the photos. Comments please as it went a little quiet on here when last photos were posted
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1020296_resized.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	702742  Click image for larger version

Name:	1020302_resized_1.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	174.7 KB
ID:	702743  Click image for larger version

Name:	1020309_resized_1.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	702744  Click image for larger version

Name:	1020351_resized_2.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	702745  
Old Wednesday 21st August 2019, 09:23   #52
rollingthunder

It is nothing to the tone in the PM’s that i was sent if indeed that was not you?

It ‘went quiet’ because i was actually out in the field rather that spending time threatening people and due to that idiot’s attitude the account was terminated...the associated posts, including mine, were deleted and rightly so. Personal abuse is not acceptable on public forums please note that.

A handful of photos are fine but different claims of different birds require substantiation - that’s the way it works with peer review mate.

I think your attempt to compete with Batumi and Eilat has run its course and i would suggest you change tack and attitude if you want credibility.

Do not PM me over this as it will not be acknowledged but forwarded to the Admin - maybe Surfbirds would be a more appropriate forum.

Laurie -

Last edited by rollingthunder : Wednesday 21st August 2019 at 09:26.
Old Wednesday 21st August 2019, 09:47   #53
Sangahyando

The birds in the new pictures do indeed look like HBs, at least from the screen of my phone.
Old Wednesday 21st August 2019, 10:17   #54
rollingthunder

I think they have been acknowledged as such - the posted pics were never an issue just some of the claims.

I really cannot see what purpose is to be served by this any more - it’s like bald men arguing over a comb. A pair of Honey Buzzards undoubtably breed in the area - my suggestion would be that if you wish the species to establish with returning birds or other associated adults then don’t let the unfledged young anywhere near high-profile ringers keen on ratcheting up their profile with satellite-tagging etc as this imho will serve no useful purpose when balanced with disturbance and stress. Any info (if) gained will be of no use to the species considering the core of distribution and the huge numbers encountered on migration. I have no doubt that vested interests an/or ringers will have their angle but at the end of the day these birds are not ‘their’ property to do what they want with.....

Good Birding -

Laurie
Old Wednesday 21st August 2019, 12:14   #55
John Cantelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leakey View Post
Here you are. Not getting into debate but all I will say is calling someone a Welsh sheep shagger isn't polite conversation. Here are some of the photos. Comments please as it went a little quiet on here when last photos were posted
Thank you for managing to post the photos as my last post requested. I'm happy to agree that they show Honey Buzzards.

Please support Andalucia Bird Society www.andalusiabirdsociety.org Visit my website & blog on birding in SW Spain at http://birdingcadizprovince.weebly.com/
Old Wednesday 21st August 2019, 18:29   #56
Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leakey View Post
Look like Honeys to me.

We have some in tiny numbers in the south of the county. Fabulous birds.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: