Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

What do you do about viruses?

Old Friday 10th May 2019, 16:30   #1
Pinewood
New York correspondent

What do you do about viruses?

Hello all,

After many years, I decided to change my ISP. I had been using a very minor provider for internet but I did not use their 'phone service as landline 'phones are far more reliable. Indeed, at one time, with a different provider, both cable television and internet died on a weekend, when no one was minding the call center. So I still had 'phone service. After that incident, I moved my ISP but kept a separate landline. I also dropped my cable telly service after broadcast television went digital. I rely solely on broadcast television, using an antenna.

The landline company, Verizon, required that I switch to fibre optic digital. after many months of fibre optics for 'phone service, they finally, made me an offer I could not refuse: telephone and high speed internet at a competitive price.

In two weeks, I have faced many difficulties, including a complete cutoff of both services, when I returned their router. In the last conversation, there was an importunate question, as they sought to sell more service, "What do you do for viruses?" My reply was, "I wash my hands, dress warmly and drink plenty of fluids."

Happy bird watching,
Arthur Pinewood

Last edited by Pinewood : Friday 10th May 2019 at 17:34.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: