• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Away from the farnes and coast (1 Viewer)

Steve_Halstead

Sparrow or Crow?
I am going back to Beadnell this year, same date infact, around the end of July.

Where would you go for areas of outstanding natural beauty, walking and birding that is more inland within the County.

I am looking towards seeing the kielder forests and seeing what can be found there.

Don't get me wrong, I also plan to walk the large beach at beadnell up to low newton and doing most of the castles again, I also never went to inner farne, instead going to staple island last time, so I will be heading there too.

Cheers for all your help.

steve (aka bitterbugger)

Any of the Cheviot valleys are superb. Beautiful, stunning landscape holging some good upland birds, and almost deserted! Some possibilities would be the Upper Coquet valley (accessed from the small village of Alwinton west of Rothbury), Harthope Valley (reached by heading south west out of Wooler), or College Valley (north west from Wooler).

If you're after some good day-long walks, http://cheviotwalks.org/ is a decent web site, and has some circular routes that include the three valleys named above.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back