• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

PC app for PDF production (1 Viewer)

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
There was a similar discussion recently for android, but what is a good current windows app that can produce PDFs from for example scans and which do not cost an arm and a leg?

Niels

If you try printing the document, don't you have something like "Microsoft print to PDF?" Or is that not what you're looking for. I thought it was standard in Windows 10.

There's also an app called PDFCreator that I believe is free.

Marc

I was more thinking about scanning something I have received in hardcover. At work i can create a PDF from such an image by using Acrobat pro, but I do not have something similar installed at home.

Niels

I was more thinking about scanning something I have received in hardcover. At work i can create a PDF from such an image by using Acrobat pro, but I do not have something similar installed at home.

Niels

What are you using to scan it? Most multi-function printer/scanners can scan to PDF. It's usually a setting in the scan setup for output format. They can usually do multi-page PDF too.

If you can open the image and then print it, I think you can print it to PDF. Or try PDFCreator, it's much like Acrobat.

Marc

What are you using to scan it? Most multi-function printer/scanners can scan to PDF. It's usually a setting in the scan setup for output format. They can usually do multi-page PDF too.

If you can open the image and then print it, I think you can print it to PDF. Or try PDFCreator, it's much like Acrobat.

Marc

I will look if I have that functionality, thanks

Niels

There was a similar discussion recently for android, but what is a good current windows app that can produce PDFs from for example scans and which do not cost an arm and a leg?

Niels

I'd strongly suggest VueScan, which is available for PC, Mac, etc. I paid for the professional version which has updated free for over 18 years.

Ed

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back