• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Doñana Tours (1 Viewer)

I will be staying for two nights in El Rocio at the end of April and I was looking for some advice on how to see the most of the park and the surrounding area. I will only have one full day and one or two half days to work with, so i'm starting to think a full-day private tour would be the best option.

Is there any straightforward way of potentially joining up with others for a private tour? Especially as i'm restricted to a single day that I can do.

Thanks,

Neil

I haven't been for many years, but there were tours leaving from El Rocio and taking in the woodlands and open areas reaching the Antonio Valverde Centre. When I did this I was lucky to seen a Lynx. The birds were pretty good too!
These guided tours have special access to Donana - mere mortals have to drive a very long way from El Rocio to get to the AV Centre.
I hope someone will be along to give you details of the guided tours, which I hope still operate.

I haven't been for many years, but there were tours leaving from El Rocio and taking in the woodlands and open areas reaching the Antonio Valverde Centre. When I did this I was lucky to seen a Lynx. The birds were pretty good too!
These guided tours have special access to Donana - mere mortals have to drive a very long way from El Rocio to get to the AV Centre.
I hope someone will be along to give you details of the guided tours, which I hope still operate.

Thanks, tours like these still operate, but they are only half-day as far as i'm currently aware. I guess I just need to work out if I can fit in visits to other nearby places that aren't included in the tours.

I did a half day tour , which was excellent.
Got me all my targets including Spanish Imperial Eagle, Black-Shouldered Kite, Short-Toed Eagle, Savis' Warbler, Spectacled Warbler, Western Olivaceous Warbler, Rufous Tailed Scrub Robin.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back