• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (8 Viewers)

Thankyou all.
Some more of my spara. Bringing on some blurred snaps from today .
Could be a good pic here.

Attachments

• Brd5.jpg
    Brd5.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 87
  • Brd6.jpg
    Brd6.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 86
  • Brd7.jpg
    Brd7.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 87
Hi Mike , it was the one I decided on .
Toying with the comp. now

Attachments

• Brd8.jpg
    Brd8.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 87
  • Brd9.jpg
    Brd9.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
still a long way to go with background
A bit nearer

Attachments

• Brd10.jpg
    Brd10.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 86
  • Brd11.jpg
    Brd11.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Thanks Nick im'e working on it.
a bit more done and coming together now.

Attachments

• Brd15.jpg
    Brd15.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 89
  • Brd16.jpg
    Brd16.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 68
  • Brd17.jpg
    Brd17.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 79
  • Brd18.jpg
    Brd18.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 75
  • Brd19.jpg
    Brd19.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
That's great Arthur - the swirling background builds the tension, ready for the crashing of Lleylandii branches and the subsequent kill. The sparrowhawk has a cold and intent expression on her face - totally single-minded in her persuit. The slight blurring on the BT's wings works really well, too. Excellent.

I like that a lot Arthur. Clever use of composition to give the whole painting dynamics and no room for doubt about the centre of interest and the emotionless intent of the sparrowhawk.

Mike

Thankyou for your kind words.

Lovely day , took a walk down the East Bank. Saw my first Swallow so Summer must be near.A few sketches from today.

Attachments

• Picture 448.jpg
    Picture 448.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 82
  • Picture 449.jpg
    Picture 449.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 97
  • Picture 450.jpg
    Picture 450.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 88
Hi Arthur,
Great to see you so prolific at the minute, fieldwork over the last week or so really is just super, particularily like the Black Redstart, still waiting on my first this year...
Sprawk painting is lovely too, well done, must be great to have this bird at such close quarters.....

Thanks to you both,
It is great to have the pair of them. Today she came in at speed A blue black thunder cloud as back drop the sun picking her out.thats one for the memory bank as Iv'e just done one.

Just found your thread Arthur. The sketches are terrific! I love the Ringed Plover! Very well observed. I have to say that the Sparrowhawk painting was a triumph. Happy birding Arthur and to everyone! Cheers from Steve.

Certainly looks like you had a good day. Those marshies are wonderful and the plover's a painting in the making surely.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back