• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds of Central America (1 Viewer)

I just ordered a hardcover copy, let's see what that's like.

I passed Robert's comments on to my supplier who says that his stock looks the same.

Problems with book.

I just received my copy from Amazon yesterday and while browsing through it I also noticed the problems with the illustrations being misty or foggy, also if you go to the Jay's pg.400 - 4?? there is a mix-up and there are illustrations for jay's with descriptions for swallows. Better check your books and see if you have this problem but other than these issues I am pretty satisfied with the book, I'll have to contact Amazon and Princeton regarding this issue.

I just received my copy from Amazon yesterday and while browsing through it I also noticed the problems with the illustrations being misty or foggy, also if you go to the Jay's pg.400 - 4?? there is a mix-up and there are illustrations for jay's with descriptions for swallows. Better check your books and see if you have this problem but other than these issues I am pretty satisfied with the book, I'll have to contact Amazon and Princeton regarding this issue.

I just received the hardcover today and the plates with Jays are ok, no error.

My regular supplier reports significant issues with this title and has returned half the batch he received.

Last edited:
........if you go to the Jay's pg.400 - 4?? there is a mix-up and there are illustrations for jay's with descriptions for swallows. Better check your books and see if you have this problem………....

I have no problems with the jays' pages, at least. But I still wonder whether returning my copy would result in a book without misty plates. Or would I simply be left without a book, getting my money back, but would be told to wait for a second printing?

My copy is very misty too - I've just compared the plates to the samples on the amazon website and mine are very faded and indistinct. I am going to look in to returning it. I feel like I need reading glasses!

I bought a hard copy and a soft copy, both seem to be ok but I made my supplier aware of the issues in advance so he was able to separate and return any problem books which he did find.

I bought a hard copy and a soft copy, both seem to be ok but I made my supplier aware of the issues in advance so he was able to separate and return any problem books which he did find.

So this means that there are books with and others without the misty plates!? Wonder what percentage is acceptable.

My regular supplier reports significant issues with this title and has returned half the batch he received.

The plates in my new copy (softcover, from Amazon) have a decidedly misty cast to them. I'd rather have the book than return it and gamble on a better replacement, but I did obtain a credit on my account for at least reporting the problem. The facing text on all the jays plates corresponded appropriately.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back